Siena College Health Service maintains a medical record for every registered student taking 6 credits or more as required by New York State Public Health Law.
- This record contains health information and complete immunization documentation.
- These records are maintained while students are attending Siena College and for a period of seven years after leaving the College.
Requesting a Copy of Health Records
If you are planning to enroll in summer courses, transfer to another college, or enroll in graduate school, you may be required to submit a copy of your health record.
- To obtain a copy of your immunization records, please sign in to your Student Health Portal and click on "My Profile" followed by "Immun. History" and you can print from there.
- You may also send an email to the Health Service office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email you back the records release form to fill out.
- Records can be picked up at Health Services during administrative hours.
If you cannot come in person to pick up your records:
- Send an email to the Health Service office at email@example.com and we will email you back a health records release form to fill out.
- The record(s) will be faxed to the specified fax number of your doctor's office, transfer school or place of employment.
- Please allow three (3) business days to process your request.
All student medical records are confidential. Siena Health Service staff are trained and maintain compliance with HIPPA regulations. No information can be released to anyone, including parents or legal guardians, without a signed written consent from the student requesting release of the medical information. Exceptions are possible in the case of a legally executed subpoena or in accordance with public health regulations. In the event of a life-threatening situation, a judgement may be made as to who may need vital information. No personal medical information will be communicated to patients or others by email.