Brief Overview of the Policy
Siena College’s website collects a few items when you visit the website. This will allow us to ensure the utmost performance and experience while on the website.
Reason for Policy
The purpose of this policy is to inform users of the Siena College website of the information that may be collected and how it is managed and used by the Information Technology Services (ITS) department.
Scope of the Policy
The scope of this policy includes all users that visit the Siena College website for information pertaining to Siena College and their services.
The Official Policy
Here at Siena College your privacy is a top priority. Siena College welcomes you and appreciates you visiting the website. When visiting the website there are a few items we collect when you visit.
Some information that is automatically collected when visiting our website may be the following:
- user client hostname: the hostname or Internet Protocol address of the user requesting access to a college website
- HTTP header, "user agent": the type of browser, its version, and the operating system on which the browser is running
- HTTP header, "referrer": specifies the webpage from which the user accessed the current webpage
- system date: date and time of the user's request
- full request: exact request the user made
- status: status code the server returned to the user
- content length: content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user
- method: request method used
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI): location of a resource on the server
- Query string of the URI: anything after the question mark in a URI
- protocol: transport protocol and the version used
- processing time: time, in milliseconds, it took for the server to process the request
- host header: hostname of the requested file, e.g., www.esc.edu
Cookies: name of any cookie used.
Third Party Sites
Any information that is collected through our website is kept private and only ITS and authorized personnel has access.