Accommodations are to enable students with disabilities to equally participate in and benefit from the College's programs, services, and activities, provided that such accommodations would not:
- Fundamentally alter the nature or operation of the College’s academic programs, services, or activities
- Cause undue burden to the College, financial or otherwise
- Pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others.
Students are encouraged to register as soon as they commit to attending Siena. Although a student may choose to register at any point during their time at the College, accommodations are not retroactive. Accommodations requests are considered on a case by case basis.
SAMPLE LIST OF ACCOMMODATIONS OFFERED:
- Extended time and distraction reduced location for tests
- Note-taking assistance
- E-text, audio, braille or large print text
- Use of a latop/word processing program for tests
- Sign language interpreter
At times students will provide documentation which is incomplete, not current, or is otherwise insufficient. However, if the information provided seems legitimate, at the Director's discretion, temporary accommodations may be granted for one semester with the understanding that the student will use the time to complete, update or otherwise make sufficient the relevant documentation.
medical/health related ACCOMMODATIONS
Students may request medically related accommodations for housing, meals, parking, etc through Siena College's Health Services Office. Information regarding these requests can be found by clicking here.
Students with temporary impairments (e.g., broken arm or concussion) can contact office with any questions or concerns. Depending on the nature of the impairment, the student may be able to receive accommodations including though not limited to:
- Note-Taking Assistance
- Extended time on tests
- Use of a laptop in the classroom or for a test
- Temporary accessible parking permit
If you have suffered a temporary injury and need to discuss an accommodation, please contact the Office of Accessibility.