Our office works to enhance the mission of Siena College and acts as a liaison for students with disabilities within the college community. The office ensures compliance with responsibilities under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and current amendments.
Accommodations are granted to students who have registered and provided current and relevant documentation of their disability and accommodation needs to the office. All information disclosed is considered confidential and will not be released without the student’s permission. I look forward to working with each of you to help make your time at Siena a success!
Register for Services
- Complete the forms below in full and return them to the Office of Accessibility.
You have the option of online or paper forms
- Provide recent documentation of your disability which details your functional limitations and accommodation needs. Documentation should be forwarded from the student's high school, certified psychologist, licensed or otherwise properly credentialed professional.
- It should provide information which establishes a disability
- describes the functional limitations of the disability
- how it inhibits a major life function
- suggests reasonable accommodations.
- Schedule an initial meeting with the Director to discuss your needs and accommodation requests.
Siena College makes every effort to follow AHEAD's most recent guidelines regarding disability documentation.
All documentation and information obtained by the Office of Accessibility during the registration process is considered private. As part of the registration process, students are asked to complete release forms detailing authorization for information release.
OUTSIDE FUNDING SOURCES
Students who are eligible to receive funding through outside sources are required to indicate those sources on their registration form. The Director will, when appropriate, refer students to outside agencies for funding evaluations.
Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped
40 North Pearl Street, 15th Floor
Albany, New York 12210
Phone (518) 473-1675
Fax (518) 473-6260
Office of Vocational and Education Services for People with Disabilities
One Commerce Plaza Room 1601
Albany, New York 12234
Phone (518) 474-5642
The Veterans Administration
113 Holland Avenue
Albany, New York 12208
Phone (518) 462-3311 x3575
Fax (518) 462-2173 Acces-VR (formally VESID)
Adult Career and Continuing Education Services - Vocational Rehabilitation
One Commerce Plaza, Room 1601
Albany, New York 12234
Phone (518) 473-8097