Siena College will admit registered nurses who graduated from an Associate Degree nursing program who wish to pursue a baccalaureate degree. The RN student must meet all the general Siena College Transfer Admission requirements for admittance into the Nursing Department. The requirements for admission of a transfer nursing student also include:
- Complete application.
- Official transcript(s) from an accredited nursing program as well as official transcripts from all other colleges or universities attended.
- Letter of recommendation from nursing faculty member or a nurse leader.
- Siena College Transfer Recommendation Form (waived for those who have not attended a college within the last five years).
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher and a minimum of a “C” in all Nursing courses (this will award the student 28 credits in nursing from their lower-division associate degree nursing coursework).
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher and and a minimum of a “C” in all other non-nursing courses will be accepted for prerequisite and elective transfer credits.
- Candidates who have earned their Associate's Degree in Nursing must present their current registration of the professional nursing license in order for their application to be considered complete. The license and registration must be maintained throughout the program. Candidates who anticipate earning their Associate Degree in Nursing in the term prior to matriculation at Siena College must present current registration of their professional nursing license prior to matriculation at Siena College.
- A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Please send your official transcripts and letter of recommendation to: