To be considered for the Belanger School of Nursing/Siena College Baldwin Nursing Program Dual Degree Nursing Department, you need:
- A completed application, including official high school transcript and counselor recommendation. You may apply via Siena College’s Fastforward application or the Common Application. Application is for our Fall 2018 term. Spring and Fall 2019 applications will be available after August 1. (Transfer students applying for Dual Degree Fall 2018 to go to explore.siena.edu/apply)
- A GPA of 86 or above
- Test scores and a solid four year curriculum. Ideally we like to see four years of high school mathematics and four years of natural/physical sciences (including biology, chemistry and physics). OR
- Successful completion of 19 academic units during high school and four years of mathematics (including precalculus) and four years of lab science (including biology, chemistry and physics).
You’ll be notified if you are selected for review. At that time, you’ll be asked to submit:
For those candidates who are invited to a final round of review will be asked to submit an essay (500 words) to one of the following statements:
- Discuss activities, interests and/or volunteer experiences you have had in school or community organizations that will enhance your experience as a nurse. OR
- Describe an experience in which you have had to persevere to succeed. Apply this experience to your potential for success in nursing school.
- A recommendation that addresses your potential as a future nurse. This can be from a faith community leader, teacher or guidance counselor.