The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required for those who wish to apply for federal, state and/or Siena need-based financial aid. The FAFSA application is free of charge, and is the only application required by Siena.
We recommend that all prospective students complete their FAFSA as soon as possible after it is open in December. Financial aid packages will be mailed to admitted students by the end of February. If you are interested in merit-based aid only and do not intend to file a FAFSA, please notify the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com.
What You Need
- The student's and parents' social security number(s)
- Student's and parents' 2022 Federal Tax Return
- Student's and parents' Asset Information, such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc
- Siena's School Code = 002816
How to File
- Create your FSA ID - both the student and a parent must create their own FSA ID.
- Go to https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Select 'Start a New FAFSA'
- Follow the step-by-step instructions
- Both the parent and the student will need to sign the form electronically prior to submission using the FSA ID you created in Step 1
- If you are a NYS resident, please follow the link from your online FAFSA application to apply for TAP.