Federal exit counseling is required for all Stafford loan borrowers before the student graduates from Siena College. The exit counseling requirement is added to the student’s account during their final semester.
Students that withdraw from the college or drop below half-time enrollment are also required to complete federal exit counseling. The exit counseling requirement is added to the student’s account after the student has withdrawn or dropped below half-time status. Please refer to the EXIT Counseling Guide for more detailed information.
Completing Your Federal Stafford Exit Counseling
You will need your FSA ID to complete Exit Counseling. The Exit Counseling Requirement is completed online on the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) at www.nslds.ed.gov.
To complete your Stafford Exit Counseling, follow the instructions provided below:
- Visit www.nslds.ed.gov
- Select the “Exit Counseling” box
- Follow the instructions to the log in page
- Log in using the student’s SSN, Date of Birth and Federal PIN
- Follow the step by step instructions provided on the website and be sure to submit your Exit Counseling once you are finished
Federal Perkins Loan Exit Counseling
If you borrowed a Federal Perkins Loan and are no longer enrolled at least half-time at Siena College, you must complete federally mandated exit counseling. This is a federal regulation and applies to all students who have graduated, officially withdrawn, dropped below half-time enrollment or transferred to another institution. NOTE: The exit counseling required for the Perkins loan is separate from the exit counseling required for Federal Stafford loans.
To complete your Perkins Exit Counseling, follow the instructions provided below:
- Visit http://www.mappingyourfuture.org/oslc
- Select the “Perkins Exit” link under the Exit Counseling section
- Select “New York” from the first drop down option
- Once at the next page, select “Siena College – Loudonville, NY” from the drop down option
- Follow the step by step instructions provided and be sure to submit your Exit Counseling once you are finished
Once your Perkins exit counseling has been submitted, the Financial Aid Office will be notified. If you have questions about your exit counseling, you may email email@example.com