Any faculty member may request the consideration of the Committee by written notification to his or her Department Head who must forward any such request, along with the departmental recommendation, to the Committee via the appropriate Dean. The Dean will forward such requests, along with her/his recommendation, to the Vice President for Academic Affairs. In the case of requests from the Library Faculty references to the Dean and/or Department Head shall be taken to refer to the Director of the Library.

  1. First, look at the Committee on Faculty Status Current Year Schedule.  Inform your Department Head and Dean as early as possible of your intention to submit a request/application. This allows your Department Head and Dean not only to discuss your status with you,but also to begin preparations for producing a recommendation. Note: If you are the head of your department, ask a former department head to serve in your place for the purpose of handling your request/application.

    Note from VPAA: Each individual faculty file in Academic Affairs contains copies of faculty contracts, Department Head and Dean evaluations, 2 & 4-year reviews and Personal Data Records. A faculty member may contact our office to arrange a time to review the contents of his/her file, and may request copies of documents contained in their faculty file. It is recommended that you review the contents of your faculty file prior to submitting material to the Committee on Faculty Status for consideration and to check the dates of the evaluations that are in your file. When evaluations are received in Academic Affairs by the VPAA, he/she reads each evaluation, and then the paperwork is placed directly in your confidential file. It is your responsibility to be sure that your file is complete and up-to-date regarding completed evaluations.

  2. Review the guidelines pertinent to your specific request/application

Guidelines for other requests/applications are listed in the Faculty Handbook. For contractual information about Part-Schedule Teaching see Faculty Handbook page 32-33.

Faculty who submit any request for consideration by the Committee on Faculty Status must also provide an updated copy of their Personal Data Record with each request. (An updated PDR/CV can be generated from the SEDONA database and saved as a PDF file.) Reminder: Do NOT put your Social Security Number on your PDR; enter your Siena ID (901#) as requested. No application for consideration will be accepted without the requested documentation including an updated Personal Data Record.


Check List

Please use this checklist to assist you in your request/application.

  1. Check the Current Year Schedule for Committee Considerations.
  2. Inform your department head, and inform your dean
  3. Review guidelines for requests/applications (and the Faculty Handbook)
  4. Complete your application and address a cover letter to the VPAA
  5. Obtain a recommendation from your department/department head. Obtain a recommendation from your dean.
  6. Submit a flash drive with the appropriate PDF files and a binder with the originals if applicable to the VPAA in the Office of Academic Affairs.