Welcome Booth and Gate Operation Hours
The Siena College Public Safety department operates the Welcome Booth at Siena College.
- Online guest registration access limited to enrolled Siena students
- All guests must be registered and obtain guest registration paperwork while on College property.
- Campus gates will close nightly at 9:00 PM.
- Exception - Fiddlers Lane gates (Middlefield and St. Francis) close at 6:00 PM on Friday, and remain closed until Monday morning.
- The Welcome Booth operates Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights from 9:00PM to 4:00AM. The booth will be staffed by a Public Safety Officer with internet capability as well as hard copy student and guest registration rosters.
- All vehicles will stop and passengers will be asked to show their Saint Card.
Registration for parking and guests not pre-registered will be conducted in Kiernan Hall by a Public Safety Officer.
Welcome Booth Procedures
- All vehicles entering our campus will stop at the booth.
- Passengers in vehicles bearing a valid Siena College parking permit will have their Saint Card swiped.
- If all passengers have a Saint Card, the vehicle will be allowed to enter campus.
- Vehicles with a valid Siena parking permit but unregistered guests will have the Saint Card swiped through a card reader and asked to go to Kiernan Hall to register the guest.
- Vehicles not bearing a valid Siena College parking permit will be asked to go to Kiernan Hall in order to register the vehicle.
- Vehicles entering campus with only guests with host and register their vehicle.
- If traffic allows, some/all of the procedures outlined above may be conducted at the booth.
- Occupants will be asked to show their Guest Registration paperwork;
- Occupants without Guest Registration paperwork will proceed to Kiernan Hall to initiate registration process.
Kiernan Hall Operations
The classroom on the west side of the building will be staffed by a Public Safety Officer. A computer will be available in order to allow the officer to access the guest database in real-time. We also plan to have the classroom computer available for students. The officer will have a hard copy guest list and vehicle registration forms as well.
- Pre-registered guests show identification, register a vehicle and proceed to host.
- Unregistered guests contact their Siena host for registration and follow above procedures prior to meeting host.
- Empty taxis will be waived onto campus.
- Taxis with passengers will have to follow the same procedures as outlined above. If passengers show the Saint Card they will be allowed on campus.
- Taxi passengers without a Saint Card will be asked to proceed to Kiernan for further identification/registration.
All emergency vehicles will be allowed unobstructed access to campus.
- Whenever the gates are closed, other than Middlefield Road and St. Francis, the Public Safety Dispatcher will call the Colonie Police Dispatcher and advise them.
- If practical, the police and EMS vehicles will enter campus through the Main Entrance from Route 9.
- Public Safety may also coordinate with Colonie to determine which gate they would like opened to facilitate the entry of the emergency vehicle onto campus.