- You will need a computer (preferred) or mobile device in order to join a Zoom session. It is recommended that you use a wired internet connection when connecting to Zoom, but it is not required - if you do use a wireless connection, it should be a strong connection.
- Make an account
- Go to siena.zoom.us/signin
- Click on “Sign in with Google” (towards the bottom of the screen)
- Select your Siena Account
- Enter your password
- Click on “Create Account”
- Download the Zoom app to your device.
- To install the app manually, please visit Download Center.
- If you are invited to a meeting via an URL link, it will automatically prompt to download the app when you click on the URL link. Make sure you have time before the meeting starts
- Test your audio and video by joining a test meeting.
- You are able to connect your audio via computer or phone. If you have a weaker internet connection, phone audio might be the better choice. You may want to use headphones or a headset if you have any background noise.
Joining the Meeting
- Find a quiet place to participate in the synchronous sessions, free of outside distractions. Be sure to close all extraneous windows or programs on your computer.
- Join your class session by joining the meeting
- Each meeting has a unique 9, 10, or 11-digit number called a meeting ID that will be required to join a Zoom meeting
- If you are joining via telephone, you will need the teleconferencing number provided in the invite.
- Open the Zoom desktop client.
- Click Join a Meeting if you want to join without signing in.
- Enter the meeting ID number provided by your instructor
- Select if you would like to connect audio and/or video and click Join.
- The meeting will begin once the instructor has entered the Zoom meeting.
Once you’ve joined the Zoom meeting, there are a few features you may use during the class session. Most of these features can be found on the Zoom menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Video/Audio – The buttons on the left of the menu allow you to mute/unmute your audio and turn your video on and off. Be sure to mute yourself when you’re not speaking to avoid excess background noise.
- Raising your hand – Clicking on “Participants” will open the Participants list, where you will find a “Raise Hand” icon.
- Chat – You can also use the chat feature to make comments or pose questions.
- Zoom Help Center - A comprehensive, searchable guide to using Zoom, including FAQs, step-by-step guides, and short how-to videos.
- 24/7 Zoom Support