It is illegal and a student conduct violation if you are under the age of 21 and drink alcohol. If you are over 21 and you choose to drink – be smart, be safe.
- Keep track of how many drinks you consume. Set a limit in advance and stick to it.
- Reduce alcohol consumption by alternating between alcohol and alcohol-free drinks.
- Have a plan in place to get home safely.
- Stick with those you trust and who respect your decisions regarding alcohol.
- Be prepared to say, “no thank you.” It is likely that at least one person will offer you a drink or a refill. Have your response ready ahead of time so you’re not caught off guard.
- Avoid open containers of alcohol (i.e. punch). It is difficult to know how much alcohol was put into the drink or any other additions to the drink.
- Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right, it might lead to problems or something you will regret. Don’t do it.
What else can you do besides going to a drinking party?
Go to a game and root for the Saints. Follow @SienaSaints on Twitter for more information.
Watch a free movie - movies most Friday and Saturday nights in Roger Bacon.
Get involved with intramural sports or a student organization.
Get off campus and explore your new surroundings – check out 50 Things to do Before You Graduate Siena at Siena Student Life on Pinterest.
Follow @SienaSEB on Twitter and Instagram for more activities. Go to Siena Student Events Board on Facebook page for updated information on activities.