Registered with and approved by New York State’s Department of Education, the Education Program at Siena College is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and nationally recognized by the National Council for Social Studies, the National Council of Teachers of English, the National Council for Teachers of Mathematics, the National Science Teachers Association, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, and the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages. Our program leads to certification in secondary (7-12) education.
Siena’s education program offers students:
- A commitment to coursework that addresses the full range of students’ abilities and needs.
- A proven foundation for graduate school in childhood education, special education, guidance counseling, school psychology, and health education.
- Guidance from the Franciscan values in seeing the unique worth of each person.
- Small class sizes where students work closely with faculty members.
- Encouragement to think critically and become effective educators.
- Valuable student teaching experience at the middle and high school levels.
- Diverse established partnerships with rural, suburban, and urban schools.
- Students are mentored by professionals from the Education Department and experts in their academic disciplines.