WHAT IS THE ANNUAL FUND?
The gap between a dean or director's budget line and the College’s actual need - that margin of excellence - is covered each year by Siena Annual Fund gifts.
As a result, the Siena Annual Fund is a key source of expendable support that impacts virtually everything under the Dome. What many people don't realize is that when you make an unrestricted gift to the Siena Annual Fund you are supporting academic programs, general scholarships, faculty and staff development, campus improvements – to name a few.
Examples of annual fund gifts at work include:
- Provide financial aid for deserving students
- Further our Franciscan service efforts
- Enhance academic and student life
- Advance our Catholic mission
- $100 pays for a SMART Podium ID350 used in our interactive classrooms
- $250 pays for a Microsoft License in our computer labs
- $500 pays for a student athlete’s transportation to an away game
- $1,000 pays for a one month subscription to Bloomberg in the Douglas T. Hickey ’77 Financial Technology Center
WHY GIVE TO THE ANNUAL FUND?
There are so many reasons to give to the Annual Fund. Here are just a few:
- You love Siena.
- You want to give back to Siena because Siena has given so much to you.
- You think changing the life of a student is a pretty good return on investment.
- You know that Siena depends on Annual Fund support because endowment earnings cover only part of Siena’s yearly operating expenses.
- You understand that alumni giving rates affect college rankings, and a higher ranking will make your Siena College degree more valuable.
- You’re celebrating a reunion this year, and you want your class to contribute to the success of future graduates.
- The Annual Fund provides the margin of excellence in our annual budget that allows us to provide additional programs and experiences for students!
SO THE REAL QUESTION IS, WHY NOT SUPPORT SIENA?
Because Every Gift Matters
HOW CAN I MAKE A GIFT?
Your gift to Siena’s unrestricted Annual Fund is the most fundamental vehicle for your investment in the Education for a Lifetime. Your Annual Fund gift supports EVERY student, faculty member, staff and administrator by helping to close the gap between what is covered by tuition, room, board & fees and the real cost of providing a Siena education. New this year, you can target the area(s) to which you would like to focus the impact of your Annual Fund gift:
1. President’s Discretionary Fund – Siena’s President, will use his discretion to target where your gift will have the most (budget) impact.
2. Academic Programs – Your gift will impact academic programs beyond the schools of business, science and liberal arts to include Siena’s various centers and institutes and other academic programs such as Siena Albany Med, HEOP, Military Science (ROTC), ACE and more.
3. Financial Aid – With an average of 83% of Siena students receiving financial aid each year, Annual Fund gifts targeted here help to make Siena affordable for a large percentage of students.
4. Facilities and Grounds – Literally the foundation of everything that happens at Siena, building and grounds maintenance and enhancements are critical to the day to day operation of academic programs, student life and the business of running the College – your gift targeted here will impact a cross-section of campus.