During their time on campus, Distinguished Jurist in Residences work with students, faculty and staff in a variety of formal and informal settings. The Distinguished Jurist in Residence:
- Leads discussions
- Encourages students to look at the broader aspects of law and its role in our society
- Advises, critiques, mentors and counsels students
- Piques student interest in a legal career
- Conducts workshops
- Serve as coach for the Moot Court/Mock Trial teams.
The current Distinguished Jurist in Residence is the Honorable Patrick Monserrate, retired Supreme Court Justice of New York (1990-2003). Judge Monserrate brings to our Siena community a thirty year career of dedicated public service as a Town Attorney in Binghamton, City Court Judge in Binghamton, District Attorney in Broome County, Administrative Judge for the Sixth District,and State Supreme Court Justice.
Judge Monserratte received his undergraduate training and degree from Georgetown University,and graduated from Albany Law School in 1960. He has taught in several capacities as a Lecturer and Instructor at Binghamton University, Broome County Community College, Broome County Law Enforcement Academy, New York state Town and Village Justice Training Program and the New York State Judicial Seminar.
- Burke, Scolamiero, Mortati & Hurd, LLP
- Crane, Parente & Cherubin
- Maguire & Cardona, PC
- E. Stewart Jones Law Firm, PLLC
- Edward P. Ryan, Attorney
- Featherstonhaugh Wiley & Clyne, LLP
- Girvin & Ferlazzo, PC
- Hinman Straub, PC
- Martin, Harding & Mazzotti, LLP
- Nixon Peabody, LLP
- O’Connell & Aronowitz
- Tabner, Ryan & Keniry, LLP
- Tobin & Dempf, LLP