Business analytics has emerged in recent years as a powerful and required capability for companies across all industries. The quantity, quality and diversity of available data have never been greater. This has created new and significant opportunities for organizations to use data to improve their decisions with respect to both internal resources as well as external interactions with suppliers and customers.
As a business analytics major, you will gain the skills needed to implement and oversee data-driven business decisions — collecting, managing and describing datasets, making informed predictions from data, and making optimal decisions based on data.
You will learn how to analyze data and apply descriptive, predictive, prescriptive, and diagnostic models to business, organizational, and socio-economic problems. Our program emphasizes the ability to formulate insightful questions using data, and to interpret analytical models to improve decision-making.
You will graduate from our program with strong technical and quantitative abilities and be well prepared to enter the growing field of business analytics, or to pursue graduate studies.
- Quantitative Business Analytics
- Business Statistics II
- Analytics for Business Intelligence
- Applied Matrix Algebra
- Operations Management
- Time Series Analysis
- Business Analytics & Information Systems
- Business Analytics Capstone
Upon completion of our B.S in Business Analytics, you will be able to:
- Visually present and analyze data in several useful mathematical/statistical forms with modern technical software.
- Use mathematical models to describe commonly occurring behaviors, processes, and trends in business.
- Perform statistical tests and probabilistic analysis on data models and determine the appropriateness of their fit.
- Describe models in technical and nontechnical terms including their appropriateness and method of construct.
- Transform data so that quantitative solutions are realizable.