High school seniors interested in the Program must complete an application with Siena, indicating the application plan for Albany Med with the Biology BA as the major option.
Required application materials include:
- Siena Application or the Common Application
- College Essay/Personal Statement (topic of your choice)
- Siena/AMC supplemental essay (included in the application when this program is selected)
- Official high school transcript
- High School Counselor Recommendation
- Two academic teacher recommendations
- SAT or ACT scores (minimum 1360 SAT or 30 ACT required for consideration)
- CASPer exam*
*Albany Medical College is requiring a new test for all applicants this year. You must take this online test to be considered. You can register for this test online. takeCASPer.com. There are 2 test dates: October 25th and November 20th.
All application materials except the CASPer test are due November 1. We will allow applicants to complete the November 20 CASPer exam.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will receive an application from AMC. Acceptances are offered jointly by Siena and AMC.
For more information, please visit the website for Albany Medical College.
For additional information on the Siena-AMC Program, contact Marie Nocella at email@example.com
Students must have a combined score of 1300 in the old SAT or 1360 in the new SAT or an ACT composite score of a 30+, rank in the top 10 percent of their graduating class, and have four years each of high school math and science. Once these threshold values are met the committee focuses on assessing the candidates' strengths in the following areas:
- Communication Skills
- Commitment to Service
- Potential Contributions to the Siena College Community
Letters of recommendation, personal essays and demonstrated service to the community then become the determining factors. Any student considering medicine should have health related experience. In the past successful candidates have been involved in a variety of human service activities:
- Worked in soup kitchens
- Cared for individuals with disabilities
- Worked with children with special needs
- Tutored inner city youth
- Worked in homeless shelters
- Volunteered in developing nations
- Initiated a variety of community projects
- Volunteered with the elderly