HEOP at Siena is one of the most successful opportunity programs in NY State!
Space is limited and admission highly competitive for HEOP.
To be eligible for HEOP students must be NY state residents and meet both academic and economic guidelines.
HEOP and its activities are supported, in whole, or in part, by the New York State Education Department.
HEOP students receive a generous financial aid package from federal, state and Siena College resources which typically cover the total cost of attendance.
*The income guidelines below are for students entering college during the 2022-2023 academic year.
|Number In Household||Academic Year 2022-2023|
*The income guideline increases as the number in the family increases.
Income guidelines do not apply if the student's family is the recipient of Family Assistance or Safety Net payments through the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance:or through a county Department of Social Services;or Family Day Care payments through the NY State Office of Children and Family Assistance: or if the student is in foster care established by the court, or the student is a ward of the state or county.
Call HEOP at (518) 783-2352 to discuss your individual family situation.
Steps to Apply
Space is limited in HEOP, making admission very competitive.
- Complete and submit the Siena Express Application or the Common Application to our Admissions Office by February 15.
- Check off the box for the Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) on the Siena Express Application. The application fee is automatically waived for HEOP applicants.
- On the Common Application, go to the Siena member page and select Fall 2022-Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP) under Preferred Start Term. Select YES to a Common Application Fee Waiver or institutional fee waiver on the Siena member page.
- Your guidance office must submit your official high school transcript, personal college essay and guidance counselor recommendation.
- After you apply for HEOP admission, you must complete the HEOP Financial Eligibility Assessment Form that will be mailed to your home address on file. You must return this completed form in the reply envelope provided within 10 days or your application cannot be processed further. If you do not receive this form or have questions please contact us at HEOPadmissions@siena.edu or call us at (518) 783-2352.
- Once all of your academic information and your HEOP Financial Eligibility Assessment Form have been received your application will be reviewed.
- If you are considered a strong candidate for our program you will be contacted by our HEOP Office, as a virtual interview (by Zoom or Facetime) is required for all potentially eligible HEOP applicants. Interviews will begin in early December and will continue until our HEOP first-year class is filled.
- Admissions decisions begin in mid-March.