The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Program (HEOP) is an academic support services program that provides access to a valuable college education.
Eligibility is based on both academic and economic criteria.
HEOP and its activities are supported, in whole or in part, by the New York State Education Department.
- Resident of New York state
- High school graduate or possess an approved equivalency diploma (GED)
- Academically disadvantaged with the potential and motivation for successful completion of a college degree
- Willingness to utilize the services of the program
- Economically disadvantaged with family income meeting the financial guidelines set by the NYS Education Department for the calendar year of the first entry into college (click link above).
Transfer students may also be eligible if documentation is provided to verify previous enrollment in a comparable New York State Opportunity Program (i.e. HEOP, EOP, SEEK, College Discovery Programs). HEOP transfer admission is dependent on space availability in the program.
All admission decisions are made by the HEOP Department, the Admission’s Committee and the Financial Aid Committee in accordance with state guidelines.
Benefits of HEOP
- Close supportive working relationships to help you achieve your goals
- Generous financial aid package typically covering all costs of attendance.
- Opportunities for semester-long and short-term study abroad programs
- Networking opportunities with successful HEOP alumni