The Counseling Center saw approximately 13% of Siena College students in the 2017-2018 academic year. Approximately 88% reported making some progress on their presenting concern(s) after three sessions, and 95% would recommend the services to others.
- The Counseling Center provides psychological counseling for Siena students free of charge.
- We also provide consultations for students to faculty, staff, and families regarding the mental health of Siena students.
- There is no charge for counseling.
- The information shared in a psychotherapy relationship is treated with the deepest respect. The Counseling Center is committed to keeping records and information that is shared confidential. Only in situations where safety is a concern and there is imminent risk of harm can information be shared, and in these situations only for the purpose of insuring safety.
- 88% of students who come to the Counseling Center report progress on their presenting concerns even in the early stages of therapy (2017 survey).
- Psychiatric services are available for students who are attending therapy at the Counseling Center. Due to the high demand of appointments, we are not able to prescribe ADHD/ADD medication.
- Siena's Public Safety will connect you with the on-call therapist in urgent situations after hours.
Making an Appointment
- All appointments are free and confidential.
- Students must schedule their own appointments. Third parties are not allowed to schedule for someone else.
- To schedule, call 518-783-2342 or walk-in and speak with the receptionist.