- The Counseling Center provides psychological counseling for Siena students free of charge.
- We also provide consultations for students to faculty, staff, and families regarding the mental health of Siena students.
- There is no charge for counseling.
- The information shared in a psychotherapy relationship is treated with the deepest respect. The Counseling Center is committed to keeping records and information that is shared confidential. Only in situations where safety is a concern and there is imminent risk of harm can information be shared, and in these situations only for the purpose of insuring safety.
- The center serves approximately 11% of Siena students each year. 96% of students reported counseling was helpful for them (2013 satisfaction survey).
Why meet with a Counselor?
College is an exciting and stressful time for many students, and it is normal for students to struggle with academics, relationships, and mood. A mental health professional is a way to get competent, non-judgmental support from a professional who will keep your concerns confidential.
We can help with
- coping strategies
- gaining a new perspective
- behavior change
- or simply provide support when a student is going through a difficult time.
Every year, students tell us that we helped them feel better, improve their academic performance, and even stay in college.
Students are required to schedule their own appointments and cannot have one scheduled for them by third parties.
- Appointments may be made in person or by calling
- Due to the rapidly shifting nature of the schedule, we cannot schedule appointments by email.
- Appointments are scheduled as soon as possible. Be sure to let our receptionist know if your situation is urgent, and you need to speak with a counselor immediately.
In certain situations, the needs of a student are beyond what the Center staff can provide. In those instances, our role is to facilitate access to the appropriate services.