1. I started at Siena College in 2015 as the Director of Nursing to create the nursing program and curriculum of our post licensure nursing program at Siena College. It’s been an amazing journey and now we have three tracks of the program and close to 230 students.
2. I am the youngest of six girls in my family. My dad (who survived raising six girls) often said I was the last hope for a boy! However, thanks to my dad, I am the only girl in the family who loves football and am a huge Bills fan.
3. Nursing has always been in my blood so to speak. When I was four, I was crossing a busy street with my older sister and was hit by a car. I was hospitalized for over a month and there was one nurse who made a huge impact on me. It was hard to be away from my parents and my sisters and she was incredibly kind and caring. I know with certainty that she is the reason I went into nursing.
4. As soon as I could start working in a hospital I did and at 13, I became a candy striper. For those who don’t know what that is, a candy striper is a young volunteer with a red and white striped uniform, and we helped the nurses. I volunteered as much as I could until I went to college for nursing.
5. My first Registered Nurse position was at Albany Medical Center in the Neonatal ICU and I loved taking care of the tiniest of babies. It was always so rewarding to be part of the transformation of a premature baby growing until he or she was ready to go home.
6. I have two beautiful and creative daughters, Kennedy and Demi. Kennedy is an interior designer/architect and started her own business this year called Studio K. Demi is a singer/songwriter and has literally been singing since she could talk.
7. Ella is my sweet four-year-old golden doodle who looks more like a golden, than a doodle. Her trademark feature is her mohawk and people always wonder what type of dog she is!
8. I love salsa dancing!
9. Some of my favorite places are the Adirondacks, Colorado and in Florida with my sisters. Being near the mountains and water immediately gives me peace.
10. Last but definitely not least, about a month ago I was proposed to in the Saranac Lake Ice Castle. Ernie and I plan to get married next summer. Thanks to Ernie, I am now a grandma to two beautiful little boys.