A request for a personal air conditioner must be submitted to Siena College Health Services (students) or Human Resources (employees). Details are outlined in the Special Accommodations policy
- All air conditioners will be purchased, owned, installed, and maintained by Siena College.
- Work requests will be submitted as “loans” with a specific date window.
- Upon the approval of a request for an air conditioner, Facilities Management will be contacted by the students Resident Director and an official Work Request is made.
- Based on seasonal temperatures, the college will remove the air conditioner on or about November 1st of each academic year.
- Air conditioners will be reinstalled on or about April 1st of same academic year.
- Additional air conditioning is prohibited for areas with fixed HVAC without “extraordinary circumstances” documented and submitted to the Facilities Management AVP (to include cooling needs, temperature requirements, and a physician’s signed explanation).
- Any unauthorized air conditioners found will result in a plug lock and will require removal by the owner immediately.
- All requests for installations are subject to standard work request terms and can be denied by the AVP if the terms cannot be met to the satisfaction of the requesting party’s physician.