WELCOME TO SAINTS SELECTION 2024!
Applications are LIVE: Jan 10, 2024 through Jan 29, 2024 at 11:59 pm
Prior to submitting your application, please review the detailed position description for the SAINTS Orientation Leader role linked above.
Open | Wednesday, 1/10 8:30am
Close | Monday, 1/29 11:59pm
Submit your New SAINT Application on Saints Connect. If you do not hit submit on the application, you have not applied. You will receive a confirmation email from noreply@saintsconnect that your application has been submitted, if you do not receive this, you have not applied.
Open | Wednesday, 1/10
Close | Thursday, 2/8
Submitting a certified resume to The MacDonnell Career and Internship Center (CIC) is a mandatory requirement of the selection process. Please submit your resume for review using Handshake. app.joinhandshake.com. You must submit it before the deadline, as it may not be certified on the first attempt. Failure to do both the SAINTS Connect application and the CIC Certified Resume will result in a withdrawal of your application.
Step 3: Group Process
Thursday, 2/8: Group Process Session 1 (6 - 7:30 PM)
Sunday 2/11: Group Process Session 2 (10:30 AM - 12 PM)
Sunday 2/11: Group Process Session 3 (1 - 2:30 PM)
As part of the application process, it is mandatory that you participate in one of the group interview sessions. You will be asked on the SAINTS Connect application to select ALL of the times you are available. Student Activities and Leadership Development will notify you by Friday, February 2nd of your group interview time and supply additional details.
Group Process will take place in an entirely in-person format. If you are currently studying abroad, please let us know in the application so we can accommodate you accordingly.
Step 4: Interviews - Weekdays between Wednesday, 2/14 - Tuesday, 2/20
If selected to proceed in the selection process after Group Process you will be contacted to schedule an interview. This is a competitive selection process, and we cannot interview all candidates. Interviews will be scheduled via Sign-Up Genius .
Application Decision: Friday, 2/23 - Accepted applicants will receive an offer email.
*Please note if you are applying to be a SAINT, you cannot hold the position of a Community Assistant (CA) or Bonner Service Leader (unless provided individual permission by the ACE office).
SAINTs training will begin on Thursday, August 22, 2024 with a full-time commitment through the conclusion of New Student Orientation.
New Student Orientation is Thursday, August 29 - Monday, September 2, 2024.
What is it like to be a SAINT?
- The SAINTs position is a desired and sought-after student position on our campus. The SAINTs play a crucial role in facilitating the New Student Orientation program and easing the transition of our new students before the start of the fall semester. This structured five-day program will take place just before classes begin in the fall and include discussions with student leaders, student success workshops, and multiple opportunities to meet other new students.
- The expectations are very high, but incredibly rewarding. New Student Orientation takes place just prior to the start of classes, and substantial training is required to adequately prepare the SAINTs.
- SAINTs will help new students become familiar with our campus by gearing them up for academic and social success. New SAINT leaders are a valued member of the SAINT community. They must bring as much energy and help the new students as the returning SAINTs.
- SAINTs welcome new students to the Siena campus before the fall semester begins with professionalism, warmth, and energy. SAINTs try to minimize anxiety, promote engagement/involvement and create a sense of belonging, while exhibiting the true Siena spirit.
- SAINTs must be free from all other obligations including but not limited to Internships, Study Abroad, Work Study, Outside Job, Athletic Team(s), Student Teaching, Co-Curricular Activities, Student Leadership Roles, etc. during training and Orientation. SAINTs must be available on a full-time basis from Thursday, August 22 through and including Monday, September 2, 2024, although these dates are subject to change.
Other Important Applicant Information:
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to consult the Office of Public Safety and the Office of Student Life regarding academic and disciplinary records.
- All applicants must have and are required to maintain a GPA of at least 2.5. Students must also be in good academic and disciplinary standings to be considered for the position. In addition, students must continue to remain in good academic and disciplinary standings from the end of the application process through the end of New Student Orientation 2024. Please note that SAINTs/STEMs are employees at will.
- Candidates selected as SAINTs will meet as a full team in March 2024.
- In addition to the New Student Orientation requirements, we ask the SAINTs to routinely check-in with SAINTEEs throughout the Fall 2024 semester as the SAINTs see fit.
- FOR COMMUTER/TRANSFER SAINT APPLICANTS ONLY: Commuter/Transfer SAINTs must be available to attend our summer information day on campus in mid-August. Commuter/Transfer SAINTs must also be free in mid-July to come to campus for a staff meeting and to begin making phone calls to their incoming students. Two meetings will also be held in the Spring 2024 semester for SAINTs to begin planning the information days.
If you have questions please contact the Student Activities & Leadership Development Office:
Associate Director, Student Activities & Leadership Development