The Residence Director position offers many great opportunities and benefits, including:
- Competitive Salary
- 11 month contract
- Furnished 1-bedroom apartment
- Meal plan
- Paid vacation (accrues monthly) & sick time (annual allotment)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (75% employer covered)
- Retirement match contribution (10% employer match after 2-year vestment period, or immediate contribution if you already have a TIAA retirement account).
What can RDs do during their off-month?
During the month when RDs are not working, they often are able to enjoy a number of unique opportunities. Previous RDs have used their month off to do the following:
- Travel to visit friends & family
- Explore the greater Capital Region
- Engage in summer activities in the nearby Adirondack Mountains
- Remain in Albany to relax and recharge
All benefits (campus apartment, meal plan, health insurance, etc) remain in effect during the month an RD is not working.