- I was born in Albany and raised across the river in East Greenbush. Since moving back to the Capital Region, I've been lucky enough to call Saratoga Springs and downtown Albany home. In a few short months, I'll be moving back to Rensselaer County!
- I'm an only child (unless you count my childhood cat, Kiara Barbara Bond). My parents and I lived in the same neighborhood as my cousins, so they're also like my siblings. I'm fortunate to have a big family that all lives locally. A few are even Siena grads: Uncle Mike Malinoski, Cousin Jennifer Toohey (Malinoski), and her husband, Ray Toohey!
- I am ultra competitive. Doesn't matter if it's a board game or athletics, I love to win. As you can imagine, this made for a very difficult varsity volleyball season when my Columbia Blue Devils amassed an impressive 0-18 record.
- I'm a big sports fan. Although people think I'm a big Florida sports fan, there really isn't any rhyme or reason to how I came to root for my teams. The Miami Dolphins, NY Mets, Tampa Bay Lightning, Miami Heat, and Seattle Sounders have brought me plenty of excitement (and disappointment).
- As Br. Ed once said, I've come to Siena from the Dark Side: the Jesuits. I did my undergrad in business and marketing at Loyola University Maryland and my master's in higher education at Georgetown University. Strangely enough, although I'm a cat person, every college I've attended or worked for has a dog as its mascot!
- Even though I studied French throughout middle/high school and my undergrad, I decided to study abroad for a semester at La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia. Best decision ever! I got to explore most of Australia as well as a quick trip to Fiji!
- I love P!nk. Not the color, the singer. I even have a tattoo of a quote of hers: "You can't move mountains by whispering at them." I've had the pleasure of seeing her live five times and have tickets for two more shows this year. There's not a single artist out there who can literally fly through the air while still singing flawlessly. Remember her performance at the 2010 Grammy's? If not, you're welcome.
- My partner of two years, Jeff, and I are the proud dads of a one-year old bengal cat named Henry. For anyone who thinks cats are boring, you're more than welcome to cat sit Henry for a couple of days. I'm confident you'll change your mind! Fair warning: you may need a vacation after dealing with his energy...
- I was a groomsman in Arnold Palmer's grandson's wedding! Will and Jessie were two very close friends who met each other during our time at Loyola. They got married at the chapel on campus in October of 2021 and live in Fells Point, Baltimore.
- I'm a big believer in the power of having fun. At this past year's EMC+ holiday party, my gift for yankee swap was a calendar with a (often poorly) photoshopped picture of members of the team. I think it was the hot ticket item, if I do say so myself! (Check out the pick of the Peeps, below.)