Computer Science focuses on solving problems from a scientific perspective by applying software engineering, information systems, and computational theory. CS careers are diverse, creative and exciting with ever-increasing employment opportunities where starting salaries are among the highest for bachelor degree graduates.
- Small lab-based courses emphasizing active learning, one-on-one interaction with faculty, and collaborative problem-solving with peers.
- 16 full-time faculty offering courses in Robotics, Computer Graphics, Cybersecurity, Machine Learning, Databases, Web Application Development, Networks, Programming Languages and more.
- Acquire a base of knowledge and skills in software engineering upon which a lifetime of on-going learning and professional development can be built.
- Learn to apply critical thinking skills and technology to defining, modeling, analyzing, evaluating, developing, and testing solutions to computing problems.
- Develop teamwork skills necessary to produce technical solutions collaboratively as a member of a group.
- Communicate computing ideas with clarity and coherence to technical and non-technical audiences through writing and speaking.