Biology at Siena College
Biology Department Student Learning Outcomes
Biology graduates will be able to:
- Explain key biology concepts within an evolutionary framework and across different levels of biological organization, from molecules to ecosystems.
- Evaluate scientific literature to engage in scientific discussion, debate competing ideas, and formulate arguments.
- Apply scientific inquiry to address biological questions, including hypothesis formulation and experimental design.
- Operate equipment and use experimental techniques competently in lab and field settings.
- Apply quantitative reasoning to problems in biology, including analyzing data and modeling biological phenomena.
- Effectively communicate current knowledge of biology orally and in writing to varied audiences, including faculty, peers, community members, and/or other professionals.
- Evaluate information related to global challenges in biology and society, including climate change, habitat destruction, biodiversity loss, sustainable resource use, and disease outbreaks.