To join ROTC, you simply enroll in the appropriate military scienec class through the registrar. Anyone can take the underclass military science classes, but to be eligible to enroll as a member of the ROTC Cadet Corps, you must meet the following criteria:

Eligibility Requirements

  • Be enrolled as a fullt time student at one of our Colleges (Siena, RPI, UAlbany, Union, St. Rose, Russell Sage, Skidmore)
  • Not be a conscientious objector
  • Be of good moral character
  • Not have any prohibited tattoos
  • Be a US Citizen

Once you meet the eligibility requirements, you can fully enroll as an ROTC cadet.  After you sign up for classes, you will need to fill out an application for membership, as well as some additional paperwork. This information certifies that you are eligible for membership. Here is the required paperwork to complete enrollment:

  • CC 139-R: Cadet Application and Enrollment Form
  • CC 136-R: Briefing on Government Sponsored Benefits for ROTC Cadets
  • CC 137-R: Authorization for Access to Student Records
  • DA 3425-R: Medical Fitness Statement
  • SF 39: Cadet Information Form
  • Provide copy of HS Transcript
  • Provide copy SAT or ACT scores
  • Provide copy of Birth Certificate and Social Security Card