The Internship Program provides a field experience for students pursuing a career in accounting. These field experiences can result in full-time career placements in CPA firms, industry, and non-profit organizations. Internship experiences provide an opportunity for students to use accounting knowledge acquired in their undergraduate courses and expand accounting skills. All interns are required to maintain a daily log to document this field experience. At the conclusion of the internship, a comprehensive paper is required.
A student must be enrolled in the Master in Accounting program at Siena College and have the placement approved by the Director.
Students work a minimum of 120 hours for each 3 credit internship. Students may earn a maximum of 6 credits for two separate internship appointments. Two separate internships cannot be taken concurrently. Internship work must be performed in the term for which the student is registered. Internship credit will count as an accounting elective.
Where our students have interned
- AIDS Council of NE New York
- Albany Community Action Partnership
- Albany International Corp.
- Alexander W. Cruden & Co.
- Arthur Place & Company
- Ash Management
- Beltrone Living Center
- Berkshire Bank
- Berkshire Life Ins. Of America
- Bolllam, Sheedy, Torani & Co.
- Cohoes Housing Authority
- DeChants, Fuglein & Johnson, LLP
- Deloitte & Touche
- First Columbia Property Services
- General Electric Company
- Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless
- LeverPoint Management, LLC
- Mohawk Golf Club
- Momentive Performance Materials, Inc.
- Nicholas J. Marchese & Co.
- NYS Dept. of Health--Health Facilities Mgmt.
- NYS Dept. of Taxation & Finance
- NYS Office of State Comptroller
- Pattison, Koskey, Howe & Bucci
- Pryba, Tobin & Co.
- Scott Stackrow & Co., PC
- Staff Ciampino & Co.
- Testone, Marshall & Discenza, LLP
- The Ayco Company
- The Bonadio Group
- Tice, Brunell, & Company CPAs
- TL Roe, CPA
- Tyler, Simms, & St. Sauveur, PC
- UHY Advisors
- Walquist & Renodin
- Watervliet Housing Authority
- Wilson & Stark, CPAs, PC
- Wojeski & Company