Explore the intersections of justice, law, economics, policy, technology, and social change through Siena’s Criminal Justice Studies program. Our unique, interdisciplinary approach puts a special focus on restorative and transformational justice.
- Gain valuable knowledge and skills: By studying Criminal Justice Studies at Siena, you'll learn about the legal, social, cultural, economic, political, and technological factors that shape criminal justice policy and practice. You'll also develop critical thinking and analysis skills that will serve you well in a variety of career paths.
- Make a difference in your community: If you're passionate about promoting justice and preventing crime, our Criminal Justice Studies program will equip you to be a change agent in your community.
- Enjoy diverse career options: With a degree in Criminal Justice Studies from Siena, you'll be well-prepared for a range of exciting career options, including forensics, investigation, law enforcement, corrections, victim advocacy, and policy and research roles.
- Join a supportive community: As a student in our Criminal Justice Studies program, you'll be part of a supportive community of like-minded students and faculty who are committed to social justice and change. You'll have the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with others who share your interests and goals.
CHOOSE FROM THREE TRACKS:
Human Rights Track: Gain valuable knowledge and experience by taking courses like:
- Gender Power and Society
- Wrongful Conviction
- Race & Minority Politics
- Abnormal Psychology
You'll learn about strategies for promoting restorative and transformational justice, including harm reduction and repair, and how to take a communal approach to addressing issues in the criminal justice system. With this specialized training, you'll be well-prepared for a variety of rewarding careers in healthcare, mental health, law, advocacy, non profit management, and beyond.
Policy, Practice & Administration: Pursue your dream of working in government, the court system or corrections. You'll have the chance to take courses like:
- Crisis Theory and Intervention
- Social Welfare Policy
- Political Sociology
Gain the skills and knowledge you need to make a positive impact in the criminal justice system. Our program focuses on restorative and transformational justice, empowering you to find ways to minimize harm and increase accountability within these institutions.
Forensics Track: Unlock a world of exciting career opportunities in forensics, cyber security, data analytics, and homeland security. You'll dive into courses like:
- Forensic Psychology
- Build strong research and analytical skills
With this specialized training, you'll build a strong foundation to hold institutions accountable for harm they have caused, and conduct investigations to challenge current injustices. Imagine the impact you could have on the criminal justice system and your community as a knowledgeable and ethical forensics professional.