A request for a personal space heater must submitted to the Siena College Health Services (students) or Human Resources (employees). Details are outlined in the Special Accommodations Policy.
- All space heaters will be purchased, owned, installed, and maintained by Siena College.
- Work requests will be submitted as “loans” with a specific date window.
- Upon the approval of a request for a personal space heater, Facilities Management will be contacted by the students Resident Director and an official Work Request will be made.
- Based on seasonal temperatures, the college will install the space heater on or about November 1st of the academic year.
- Heaters will be removed for the remainder of the year on or about April 15th.
- Additional space heaters are prohibited for areas with fixed HVAC without “extraordinary circumstances” documented and submitted to the Facilities Management AVP (to include heating needs, temperature requirements, and a physician’s signed explanation).
- Any unauthorized space heaters found will result in a plug lock and will require removal by the owner immediately.
- All requests for installations are subject to standard work request terms and can be denied by the AVP if the terms cannot be met to the satisfaction of the requesting party’s physician.