I was born and raised in the capital district, and was fortunate in being able to attend Siena College. My student years at Siena were very important in helping me to find my place in life. I grew in my love for history, developed an interest in new fields of knowldege, and made some wonderful friends. As a result of my Siena experience, I continued my education and recieved 3 graduate degrees. I also decided that my life could best be lived as a Franciscan Friar. After many adventures and numerous job experiences that ranged from banking to fast food, I have been most fulfilled by my life as a friar, priest and teacher. It is a joy to wake up each day to another experience of my Siena home.
|M.A.||Theology||Washington Theological Union|
|M.A.||History||The College of St. Rose|
My Siena Experience
My Favorite Courses to Teach
I love all the courses I teach but lately I have come to especially like The West and the World I. It lets me meet students with a variety of majors; and I am always learning new things about the Ancient and Medieval World that fascinate me. It has enhanced my enjoyment of places I have visited; and I am always excited when students realize their own connections to long ago times and places.
My Professional Experience
|2006 - 2006||Friar in Residence||Siena College|
|1995 - 1999||Residence Counselor||Siena College|
|1995 - Now||Associate Professor||Siena College|
|1992 - 1992||On-site Director (Summer in Mexico Program)||Tulane Univ.|
|1990 - 1995||Assisted with pastoral duties||Tulane Catholic Center|
|1988 - 1990||Residence Counselor, Part-time Instructor||Siena College|
|1986 - 1987||Associate Campus Minister||Siena College|
|1981 - 1990||Member||Holy Name Province of the Order of Friars Minor|
Articles & Book Reviews
- The Worlds of Joseph Smith, A Bicentennial Conference at the Library of Congress
Journal of Mormon History
- The Other Mirror, Grand Theory Through the Lens of Latin America
- Oscar Romero, Reflections on His Life and Writings
- War of the Gods: Religion and Politics in Latin America
Awards & Distinctions
- Several certificates of Recognition from the Office of Student Affairs and Residence Life, Siena College, Loudonville, NY
Siena College, 2010
- April 2008 Winner of the History Club-Faculty Person of the Year Award.
Siena College History Club, 2008
- May 2005 Winner of the Jerome Walton Excellence in Teaching Award.
Jerome Walton Excellence in Teaching Award, 2005
- March 2003 Finalist for the Jerome Walton Excellence in Teaching Award,
Siena College, Loudonville, NY
Jerome Walton Excellence in Teaching Award, 2003
- March 2002 Finalist for the Jerome Walton Excellence in Teaching Award, Siena College, Loudonville, NY.
Jerome Walton Excellence in Teaching Award, 2002
- April, 1992 Co-recipient of the William Ransom Hogan Prize
for the best Teaching Assistant in the History Department,
William Ransom Hogan Prize, Tulane University, 1992
- 1984 Certificate of Appreciation, The Spanish Catholic Center,
Archdiocese of Washington, D.C.
The Spanish Catholic Center, Archdiocese of Washington, D.C., 1984