The Advisory Board of Siena College’s Social Work Program is composed of a wide variety of persons whose input and assistance is important to the Social Work Program. These constituencies include:
- Social Work practitioners.
- Field instructors
- College staff
- Other members of the community
The Advisory Board supports the program’s mission to prepare undergraduate baccalaureate students for competent and effective entry-level, professional generalist social work practice with a diverse range of individuals and systems who are in need by:
- Providing consultation to faculty in developing and maintaining a comprehensive curriculum
- Planning and carrying out activities that develop the resources and supports needed by the Social Work Program to meet student needs
- Serving as a link between the academic and practice components of the Social Work profession
The Advisory Board shall operate with an awareness of the Social Work Program’s commitment to the tradition and values of St. Francis of Assisi, the National Association of Social Workers’ Code of Ethics, and a climate that fosters academic excellence in the pursuit of social, economic, and environmental justice.