Supported Browsers (BB9.1 SP13)
To take full advantage of all the features in Blackboard, you will need an up-to-date Web browser and appropriate plug-ins.
- Download and install Java.
- Disable any "pop-up blocker" software that you have installed on your computer.
- Keep your virus software updated in order to scan for the latest viruses.
- If you access from work or have a DSL connection and are running firewall software, you may experience difficulties. You will need to discuss this with your network security employees. They may or may not be able to allow access to the course, depending on their policies. DSL users will need to disable their firewall while using the chat tool (refer to the documentation in your firewall software for temporarily disabling the firewall).
- If you use a public computer lab or library, you need to exit the browser completely when you are finished. (That is, all windows must be closed and the programs closed or exited.) This clears your username/password. If you do not exit the browser completely, the next user will have access to your course account.
- Clear Your Browser's Cache. You may want to clear out the files stored in your cache to free up some space on your computer. This is called clearing the cache.
Clearing the Cache in Internet Explorer
- Click Tools and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab.
- In the Temporary Internet Files section, click the Delete Files button.
- Click Ok.
- Exit and re-launch the browser.
Clearing the Cache in Firefox
- Click Tools and select Options.
- Click the Privacy Icon.
- Click Clear across from the Cache option.
- Click Ok.
- Exit and relaunch the browser.
Clearing the Cache in Safari
- Select Safari from the top menu.
- Select Empty Cache from the drop down list.
- A confirmation window will appear asking if you are certain you wish to empty your cache. Select Empty.
- Your Safari cache has now been cleared.
Plug-ins and Players
Browsers also use plug-ins and other helper applications to help them display Web documents. If you encounter an element (such as video or animation) that requires one of these helpers, you may see a message that your browser isn't equipped for that content type.
Clicking on the plug-in name below will take you to the Web site where you can download the desired plug-in.
Microsoft Download Center
Adobe Acrobat Reader