Transfer Credit Information


Transferring Credit to Siena

First Year Liberal Arts Students
Students with Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) credits from high school may be eligible for Siena credit. A score of 4 or 5 is required.  Click here for more information. 

Students who completed appropriate college courses for credit during high school may also transfer this credit to Siena.  To begin the process of credit evaluation, the student should request an official transcript from the originating college or university and have it sent to:

Siena College
Registrar’s Office
515 Loudon Road
Loudonville, NY  12211

The Assistant Dean for Student Services evaluates the coursework and notifies students through email whether or not the credits will transfer. A grade of ‘C’ or higher is required.

When the course work and grades are acceptable, Transfer Credit Evaluations are submitted to the Registrar’s Office for processing and a copy emailed to the student.


Transfer Students who have completed a semester or more at another college or university
As part of the transfer application process, students submit official transcripts from all schools that they have attended. Transfer students are contacted shortly after they have confirmed their acceptance and individual meetings are arranged between each student and the Assistant Dean for Student Services.  At this meeting, transfer credits are discussed and a plan devised for the completion of the Siena degree within the student’s major (and certificate and/or minor as declared.)

Matriculated Liberal Arts Siena students transferring credit to Siena
To insure transferability, Liberal Arts students request approval to transfer credits before enrolling in the class. 

On-line as well as on-campus courses from accredited schools can be considered for transfer credit. Many students choose SUNY online courses. The following link is SUNY’s on-line schedule:

Please note that courses from community colleges can transfer in as only 100 or 200 level courses.  Students who are looking to transfer in an upper level course (300 or 400 level), must complete the course at a four year school.  

Students admitted prior to the Fall 2012 semester may transfer up to 66 credits from a two year school and 90 credits from a four year school (or combination two/four year schools.)  Students must complete at least half of their major/minor at Siena or through a Siena Study Abroad program.


Students admitted for the Fall 2012 semester and later may transfer a maximum of 75 credits.  A maximum of 66 credits may be transferred from accredited two-year institutions.


Complete the following steps to request transfer credit pre-approval:

·         Complete a Transfer Credit Approval Form online: or pick up the form in the SoLA Dean’s office, Siena Hall 321.

·         Attach your CAPP report.

·         Attach the course description including the school and the course name and number.

·         Indicate on the course description which requirement you wish the course to fulfill.

·         You must earn a final grade of ‘C’ or higher to transfer in the credits.  In most cases, courses completed with a ‘pass/fail’ are not transferrable. 

After you have completed the course, please have an official transcript sent to:

Siena College
Registrar’s Office
Siena Hall 321
515 Loudon Road
Loudonville, NY  12211