Marina Kinner '07
- Hometown: Albany, NY
- Major: Accounting
- Class Year: 2007
- Career: Albany Mechanical Services, Inc.
- Bio: I currently work as a Controller for a mid-size Heating and Cooling company in the Albany area. My previous work experience includes an Accounting manager for a mid-size retailer in the Albany area, and a Junior Auditor for a regional CPA firm in New York City.
- Educational Background: B.B.A. Accounting Siena College 2007; M.S. Professional Accountancy SUNY Albany 2008
- Activities: Currently, I am studying for my Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license. In addition, I am a Trail Ambassador for the Mohawk-Hudson Bike Trail, an active member of the Adirondack Mountain Club (ADK), and a volunteer for the Northeastern New York Red Cross.
- Why you chose Siena? I originally chose Siena because it is a well-reputable school in the area and has an outstanding curriculum. I now know that Siena also has amazing professors and a great alumni program. I still would choose Siena if I had the chance.
- What activities did you participate in at Siena? Member of Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE). Worked as an Accounting Intern at a few companies between freshman and senior year.
- Have you changed since you came to Siena? Absolutely I've changed, for the better. Siena wasn't just a school, it was a community. Anytime I go back now, as an alum, it's an amazing feeling to be able to have people recognize me and be able to have a cofee date with an old professor here and there.
- What is special about your time at Siena? I was able to meet soem of my best friends at Siena. Siena staff supported me each step of the way and I am very grateful for all of their efforts. The professor's at Siena actually care about their students and their success and that made all of the difference.
- What is your favorite Siena memory? My favorite Siena memory would have to be the Greece trip I took with Professor Kelly's global business class. It was an amazing opportunity, I met my now current best friend, and I still remain in contact with Professor Kelly. She's an amazing woman and a great inspiration to many students at Siena.
- What would you say to a Siena community member who has changed your life? Well, there were two Siena community members that changed my life. Dr. O'Neil and Professor Kelly. Dr. O'Neil, thank you for challenging me and encouraging me to think "outside the box" each and every day. Professor Kelly, thank you for introducing me to travel and the idea of opening your mind to new ideas, new cultures, and new people.
- What are your aspirations? My aspirations include working for the FBI and traveling the world.
- What motivates you? My motivation stems from my desire to excel at every task I take on. I believe that by doing my best, I in return will receive the best.
- What is one thing you could not live without? The one thing that I could not live without would be my courage. My courage is how I became to be who I am and who I will become.
- Why do you give to Siena? I still support Siena by contributing annually a small donation as well as by purchasing homemade christmas wreaths from SIFE each year.