Paul N. DiCaprio '81
- Hometown: Amsterdam, NY
- Major: Marketing Management
- Class Year: 1981
- Married: Jean (Meyer) DiCaprio '81
- Educational Background: High School, Bishop Scully/Amsterdam, NY
- Activities: Golf, Reading, spending time with family, working out at the gym, volunteering
- Professional Affiliations: CEN (Chief Executive Network) Board of Directors, CEG (Center for Economic Growth)
- Why you chose Siena? High School Guidance Counselor suggested it
- What activities did you participate in at Siena? Orientation Committee; Chairperson of the Movie Committee; Grand Knight of Knights of Columbus, Siena College Chapter
- What is special about your time at Siena? Made some great friends, drew me out of my shell. I was an introvert when I arrived at Siena and by the time I left, I lead and participated in many organizations on campus.
- What are your aspirations? To be able to balance work and community service.
- What motivates you? To be the best at what I do.
- What is one thing you could not live without? My family.
- Why do you give to Siena? I believe in the education and values taught at Siena. I believe it fosters and provides an atmosphere for students to learn the basics of business and liberal arts, while providing students that ability to go much beyond this. Studying abroad, excellent service/volunteer programs and access to a great network of business opportunities in the capital region and beyond. You arrive at Siena a kid and leave as responsible adults, well prepared for life’s journey…where it may take you.
Born and raised in Amsterdam, NY (30 miles west of Albany), Paul attended and received his B.S. in Marketing Management from Siena College. He spent 19 years with GE Silicones, where he held various global sales and marketing management roles.
After GE, he spent 4 years with Richmond, VA based Quantum Silicones Inc (QSi) as their Eastern Region Sales & Marketing Manager where he helped double their sales in two years. From there he joined Specialty Silicone Products, Inc. based in Ballston Spa, NY in 2005. He started out as their Global Product Manager, Laboratory Products and quickly took on more responsibilities until he was recently named President & COO.
He also started in 2000 and still operates www.sealantsandcoatings.com, an internet portal site for commercial construction professionals involved with waterproofing and caulking.
Paul’s passion outside of work are his family, golf and volunteering. He was the Grand Knight of the Knights of Columbus (Siena College Chapter), President of the Albany Airport Rotary, Active in Habitat for Humanity, Circle leader of the YMCA Adventure Princesses, Junior Achievement and is currently mentoring current and former Siena students.
He also is an avid Siena basketball fan and has been a season ticket holder of Siena Basketball since 1986.
Paul is married to Jean (Meyer) DiCaprio (class of 1981), his wife of 19 years. They have two children, Brian, 17 and Sarah, 13. They reside in Clifton Park, NY.