Microsoft Picture Manager
MS Office Picture Manager is an easy-to-learn application for making simple edits like croping, resizing, contrast/brightness adjustments and compressing an image for display on the web. Below are instructions for compressing an image you wish to upload. A compressed image will require much less space to store, will still look great and will appear faster for visitors to your web page.
- Identify the location of the picture you want to edit/resize.
- Start Microsoft Office Picture Manager which you can locate in:
- OR - at the location where you saved it, simply right-click on the listing of the image you wish to edit/resize.
Choose "Open with" then "Microsoft Office Picture Manger".
Note: Pictures saved in "My Pictures" on your computer will automatically appear when you open MS Office Picture Manager (as seen below) where just double-clicking an image will open it in the editing window.
- When the picture is open in the editing window, click "Edit Pictures..." from the toolbar at the top.
- From the panel that appears at right click "Compress Pictures".
- Move up the panel and select "Web pages" (the estimated total size savings will appear below).
- Click "OK".
- Now save your picture.
Your picture is now ready to upload for use on the web.