Snow Day Procedures
In the event of extreme weather conditions, please listen to your radio or check the Siena website (http://www.siena.edu) or (/community/). If classes are to be cancelled, every effort will be made to contact radio stations by 6:30 a.m. Announcements will be made on the following stations: WRGB, WVCR, WGY, WGNA, WPTR, WFLY, WROW, WTRY, WKLI, WKAJ.
Students and faculty are expected to use good judgment and discretion, since road conditions and personal circumstances may vary. Faculty should not penalize students who present a valid excuse for missing classes on a snow day.
For other information about closings, see Emergency Information.
TO: All Faculty
FROM: Dr. Linda Richardson, Vice President for Academic Affairs
DATE: August 2005
RE: Snow Day Procedures
Please read the following information regarding snow day procedures:
- If you are driving to Siena and it is snowing, please be careful and leave yourself enough time to drive slowly and still arrive in time for your classes.
- The College Catalog has information on Snow Day Procedures.
- If classes are to be cancelled or delayed, we will try to get this information to radio and television stations no later than 6:00 a.m. Note that television and radio stations sometimes take 15-30 minutes to update their lists. Before leaving home check again for delays or cancellations.
- If classes are to be cancelled or delayed, here are some of the options:
- Classes cancelled—day and evening sections
- Classes cancelled—day sections only (classes starting before 5:30 p.m.)
- Classes cancelled—evening sections only (classes starting after 6:00 p.m.)
- Classes "delayed" until a certain time. For example, "Classes delayed until 10 a.m." would mean that all classes starting before 10 a.m. are cancelled, while classes starting at 10 a.m. or later will be held.
With respect to holding or canceling classes during bad weather, experience has shown that there is never a decision which will please everyone. Please use your own best judgment when making the decision to travel to campus