Thanks for scheduling an appointment at the Counseling Center. All first appointments will be via Zoom and are scheduled for 90 minutes to allow time for paperwork. The actual appointment will take 45-60 minutes. (Follow up appointments may be via phone if requested.)
- You will get a Zoom invite from your counselor the day of your appointment.
- The Center uses Zoom for Tele-health which is HIPAA compliant (takes precautions to protect your information).
- Your Zoom meeting will not be recorded.
- Arrange for a private place with WiFi to take the Zoom call - you may have to negotiate with your roommate to have the room to yourself or find another private location.
- Your counselor will ask your location during the call - this is a standard requirement of Tele Behavioral Health.
- Zoom tip - you can hide your self view on Zoom so you won't be distracted by seeing yourself.
- On the day of your appointment you will get an email from the Center directing you to the Counseling Center website.
- The email will contain instructions to fill out New Client Paperwork - this includes demographic information, mental health history, questions about what you have been feeling and experiencing over the past two weeks (CCAPS assessment, 62 questions) and Consent for Treatment which you will sign electronically. This takes about 20 minutes and should be completed on the day of your appointment, at least 30 minutes before your appointment.
- Your counselor will review this information before your meeting.
- Once you connect with your Counselor on Zoom:
Together you will discuss your reasons for seeking therapy, what you want to focus on and ways to start working on desired changes.
Your counselor may ask clarifying questions about this information during your meeting.
Together you will decide on a date and time for your next meeting.
Call 518-783-2342 from 8:30am - 4:30pm M-F if you have any questions