When is the plan effective?
2021-2022 - Coverage will be effective August 15, 2021 through August 14, 2022 for the 2021-2022 academic year. For fall semester only students, coverage is effective August 15, 2021 – February 14, 2022. Coverage for spring semester only students is effective January 1 – August 14, 2022.
2022-2023 - Coverage is effective August 15, 2022 through August 14, 2023 for the 2022-2023 academic year. For fall semester only students, coverage is effective August 15, 2022 – February 14, 2023. Coverage for spring semester only students is effective January 1, 2023 – August 14, 2023.
What does the plan cost?
2022-2023 - The full year plan cost will be approximately $2,142.80 and will billed in two installments of $1,071.30 (one each on the first tuition bill of each semester). Spring semester only students will be billed $1,249.85 for heir coverage from January 1-August 14, 2023. Students who enroll midyear will be charged pro-rata based upon the date of activation. Students who waive or request termination after the waiver deadline will be refunded pro-rata based upon the date of the approved request.
Where can I get more details on my health plan?
For information about what is covered, view the benefit summary here: or contact CDPHP (customer support) member services at (518) 641-3140 or 1-877-269-2134, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m – 8 p.m.
Is dental insurance part of the plan?
The Siena College Student Health Plan through CDPHP provides essential pediatric dental coverage up to age 19 through Delta Dental of New York, Inc. (Delta Dental). Delta Dental PPO Plan 70 for Children is a Delta Dental PPO plan that provides benefits through a wide network of dentists across the nation. Delta Dental PPO pays a percentage of the contract allowance for covered services; you are responsible for the remaining percentage – commonly called “coinsurance.” The contract allowance is based on the contracted PPO fee in your area. For Delta Dental pediatric coverage details, view this document. Students on the Siena Student Health Insurance Plan with CDPHP are only covered up to age 19. Once they turn 19, they must enroll directly with Delta Dental if they wish to continue dental coverage. Click here for more information about individual plans with Delta Dental.
To find a Delta Dental provider near you, search the Delta Dental dentist directory.
Students 19 or older who wish dental coverage, may enroll directly with Delta Dental.
Using your Siena College Student Health Insurance Plan:
- New Full time Siena students may start using their plan as of August 15, 2022, Spring semester only students may begin using their plan January 1. To do so you need your member ID. The Member ID for full time students on the Siena plan is their Siena Student ID number with two zeros at the end. Permanent Member ID cards are mailed to the student’s home address (on campus address for international students) within 7-10 days.
- You are strongly encouraged to activate your online account at CDPHP.com. Your Member ID is, again, your Siena ID with 2 zeros at the end. The on-line account gives you access to the mobile CDPHP app as well. You can update your mailing address, order replacement ID cards and see claim information in your online account.
- You are also encouraged to download the mobile app to your smartphone since you can use the app as your ID card. With the mobile app, you can find providers (Find-A-Doc) and track your care as well as present it as your ID when you are at a doctor's or pharmacy.
- CDPHP offers many financial and health rewards and other extras that you can take advantage of via your on-line account and/or mobile app. For more information about the CDPHP Difference.
I don’t have my CDPHP ID card yet. Can I still get care?
Yes! If you have not received your ID card and are in need of medical care, you may give the provider your Siena ID number with two zeros at the end as your Member ID. Or, as outlined above, you can download the mobile app to your smartphone and use it as your ID. ID cards are mailed to the address on file (home for domestic students, SPOB on campus address for international students unless there is an U.S. mailing address on file) and will arrive within 7-10 days. You may also print a temporary ID card from your online account.
Misplaced ID Card?
Misplaced your ID Card? No problem! Login to your online account to view and print your ID card and to order a new one. You can also download the My CDPHP Mobile app on your smartphone to have your ID card handy at all times.
How do I search for participating providers near Siena College and nationally?
CDPHP has more than 825,000 providers in our national network, so you’re covered nationwide, even when you’re not in the area. To find a full listing of providers and practices in the area you’re in, visit Find-A-Doc online, or download our My CDPHP Mobile app. Under "Select Plan Type," choose PPO National to find the providers and practices in our network.
What services are available to me away from school and while traveling abroad?
You have the protection of CDPHP's Global Medical Assistance for Students. You have access to emergency medical coverage worldwide, but the travel assistance doesn't end there. You have other benefits available whenever you are 100 miles (150 kilometers) or more away from home or campus, or in another country. A single phone call is all it takes to put Global Medical Assistance in motion on your behalf, offering services that include: non-emergency care outside the United States, hospital admission assistance, medical treatment in home country (international students), emergency medical evacuation and repatriation, and return of mortal remains. Call member services at the number on your ID card (518-641-3140) for more information or to initiate Global Medical Assistance with CDPHP..
I take medications regularly. What assistance is available? Is there a way I can access these medications without leaving campus each time?
There are several options for purchasing, receiving, and saving money on your medications:
- You can sign up for the prescription mail services from CDPHP to have your prescriptions delivered directly to you. Get the prescription mail order form here.
- Save money on your prescriptions, too! Rx for Less is a program for all CDPHP members with a prescription drug rider, offering deep discounts on a specific list of drugs when purchased at Price Chopper, CVS, or Wal-Mart. Many generic prescription drugs are available for as little as $1, beating the price of many other drug club programs by 90 percent. There’s no sign-up process or registration fee. Simply present your CDPHP ID card when purchasing your prescription. It’s that simple. Get the detailed list of drugs included in Rx for Less here.
I recently paid out-of-pocket for a service that was covered. How do I submit a claim?
Simply download and complete a claim form. You can mail the completed documentation to the address provided on the form.
May I continue coverage on this plan after i am no longer a siena student?
Full time students who graduate or do not return as full time students may continue coverage for up to 90 days. The 90 day continuous coverage switches the student to a direct enrollment with CDPHP and the student makes payment directly to CDPHP. To initiate continued coverage or to answer any questions, contact Jeanne Martin Obermayer, Student Life Compliance Officer at Siena College at email@example.com.
Who can I contact if I have questions about my enrollment?
Please email questions to Jeanne Martin Obermayer, Student Life Compliance Officer at Siena College at .firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can I contact if I have questions about my health insurance benefits OR CLAIM?
Please contact CDPHP member services at (518) 641-3140 or 1-877-269-2134, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.