When is the plan effective?
2022-2023 - Coverage is effective August 15, 2022 through August 14, 2023 for the 2022-2023 academic year. For fall semester only full time students, coverage is effective August 15, 2022 – February 14, 2023. Coverage for spring semester only full time students is effective January 1, 2023 – August 14, 2023.
2021-2022 - Coverage is through August 14, 2022 for the 2021-2022 academic year. All students currently enrolled in the plan will be terminated at the end of the plan year (August 14, 2022.) Students who are registered at Siena as full time students for the fall 2022 semester as of August 15 will automatically be re-enrolled in the new plan that begins August 15, 2022. Students' CDPHP member ID numbers will remain the same.
What does the plan cost?
2022-2023 - The full year plan cost will be $1,979.16 and will be billed in two installments of $989.58 (one each on the first tuition bill of each semester.) Spring semester only full time students will be billed $1,154.51 for coverage from January 1-August 14, 2023. Students who enroll midyear will be charged pro-rata based upon the date of activation. Students who waive or request termination after the waiver deadline will be refunded pro-rata based upon the date of the approved request.
How do i use my plan?
1. The plan will become active August 15, 2022 and you may start using it then. Students enrolled in the plan who incur out of pocket medical costs after 8/15/2022 may file a claim with CDPHP to recover any expenses CDPHP would have paid during that time. Click on this link to find information on what the plan covers ( Plan Benefits Summary .)
2. The current plan year runs through August 14, 2023 and covers you both on and off campus during that time period.
3. Your CDPHP member number is your Siena ID number. When asked for the suffix to your ID number, it is two zeros.
4. As soon as your account is active (YOU CAN'T REGISTER UNTIL IT IS) go to www.CDPHP.com and create/register an online member account. You will need your Member ID from #2 above to set up the account. Setting up your online account will give you access to your member ID, your benefits, your contract document, resources for doctors, etc and a summary of your claims. The address you need to use to set up your online account is your permanent home address for domestic students. International students without domestic US mailing addresses please use Siena College, 515 Loudon Road, Loudonville, NY 12211
5. Once you have the account set up, you can print a temporary ID card to use until your permanent one arrives. Once you have the account set up you can also download the CDPHP app to your mobile device and use the app as your ID Card.
6. The CDPHP App will also give you access to finding doctors, pharmacies, etc. easily and at your fingertips.
7. The Student Health Plan Siena has arranged with CDPHP also offers students discounts; RX for Less, Life Points and other value added tools for taking control of your health. Find out more here: CDPHP Difference: Student Health Solutions
8. CDPHP will send out permanent ID cards to the address listed in number 4 above late September, after the 9/20/2022 waiver deadline. has passed.
IS there a video showing me how to use my account?
Yes, there is! CDPHP put together a great tutorial and info page. https://www.cdphp.com/members/use-your-benefits/secure-member-site
WHAT DOES MY health plan COVER?
For information about what is covered, view the benefit summary here: or contact CDPHP (customer support) member services at (518) 641-3140 or 1-877-269-2134, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m – 8 p.m.
CDPHP understands the unique needs and concerns of college students and their families. Click here for more information about the CDPHP Student Plan Difference.
CDPHP offers many financial and health rewards and other extras that you can take advantage of via your on-line account and/or mobile app. Make the most of your health insurance benefits!
is behavioral/mental health covered by the plan?
New this year, CDPHP will fully cover the cost of in network Mental Health/Substance Use Outpatient Services ($0 copayment.) Out of network providers are the deductible ($4000) then 40% Coinsurance.
Impatient services are the deductible ($250) then 30% Coinsurance for in network providers. Out of network providers are the deductible ($4000) then 40% Coinsurance.
Is dental insurance part of the plan?
The Siena College Student Health Plan through CDPHP provides essential pediatric dental coverage up to age 19 through Delta Dental of New York, Inc. (Delta Dental). Delta Dental PPO Plan 70 for Children is a Delta Dental PPO plan that provides benefits through a wide network of dentists across the nation. Delta Dental PPO pays a percentage of the contract allowance for covered services; you are responsible for the remaining percentage – commonly called “coinsurance.” The contract allowance is based on the contracted PPO fee in your area. For Delta Dental pediatric coverage details, view this document.
Students on the Siena Student Health Insurance Plan with CDPHP are only covered up to age 19. Once they turn 19, they must enroll with and pay Delta Dental directly if they wish to continue dental coverage. Click here for more information about individual plans with Delta Dental.
To find a Delta Dental provider near you, search the Delta Dental dentist directory.
Students 19 or older who wish dental coverage, may enroll directly with Delta Dental.
Is vision care covered?
The Student Plan covers medical treatment for eyes. Eye exams, glasses and contacts are not covered.
The plan includes a reimbursement of up to a maximum of $750 for eligible Laser eye surgeries and consultations per lifetime.
I don’t have my CDPHP ID card yet. MAY I still get care?
Yes! If you have not received your ID card and are in need of medical care, you may give the provider your Siena ID number with two zeros at the end as your Member ID. Or, as outlined above, you can download the mobile app to your smartphone and use it as your ID. ID cards are mailed to the address on file (home for domestic students, SPOB on campus address for international students unless there is an U.S. mailing address on file) and will arrive within 7-10 days. You may also print a temporary ID card from your online account.
Misplaced ID Card?
Misplaced your ID Card? No problem! Login to your online account to view and print your ID card and to order a new one. You can also download the My CDPHP Mobile app on your smartphone to have your ID card handy at all times.
How do I search for participating providers near Siena College and nationally?
CDPHP has more than 825,000 providers in our national network, so you’re covered nationwide, even when you’re not in the area. To find a full listing of providers and practices in the area you’re in, visit Find-A-Doc online, or download our My CDPHP Mobile app. Under "Select Plan Type," choose PPO National to find the providers and practices in our network.
What services are available to me away from school and while traveling abroad?
You have the protection of CDPHP's Global Medical Assistance for Students. You have access to emergency medical coverage worldwide, but the travel assistance doesn't end there. You have other benefits available whenever you are 100 miles (150 kilometers) or more away from home or campus, or in another country. A single phone call is all it takes to put Global Medical Assistance in motion on your behalf, offering services that include: non-emergency care outside the United States, hospital admission assistance, medical treatment in home country (international students), emergency medical evacuation and repatriation, and return of mortal remains. Call member services at the number on your ID card (518-641-3140) for more information or to initiate Global Medical Assistance with CDPHP..
I take medications regularly. What assistance is available? Is there a way I can access these medications without leaving campus each time?
There are several options for purchasing, receiving, and saving money on your medications. Click here for CDPHP prescription information.
- You can sign up for the prescription mail services from CDPHP to have your prescriptions delivered directly to you. Get the prescription mail order form here.
- Save money on your prescriptions, too! Rx for Less is a program for all CDPHP members with a prescription drug rider, offering deep discounts on a specific list of drugs when purchased at Price Chopper, Hannaford, CVS, Wal-Mart or Shop Rite. Many generic prescription drugs are available for as little as $1, beating the price of many other drug club programs by 90 percent. There’s no sign-up process or registration fee. Simply present your CDPHP ID card when purchasing your prescription. It’s that simple. Get the detailed list of drugs included in Rx for Less here.
I recently paid out-of-pocket for a service that was covered. How do I submit a claim?
Simply download and complete a claim form. You can mail the completed documentation to the address provided on the form.
May I continue coverage on this plan after i am no longer a siena student?
Full time students who graduate or do not return as full time students may continue coverage for up to 90 days. The 90 day continuous coverage switches the student to a direct enrollment with CDPHP and the student makes payment directly to CDPHP. To initiate continued coverage or to answer any questions, contact Jeanne Martin Obermayer, Student Life Compliance Officer at Siena College at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I waived the Siena Health insurance plan (CDPHP) but my other insurance company denied a claim saying I was enrolled in the Siena cdphp plan. How can I fix this?
Some health insurance plans have a Coordination of Benefits (COB) clause making any other insurance you may have your primary insurance plan. If your insurance company is one of those (Fidelis, etc.), they will deny claims.
If you complete the Siena health insurance waiver for 2022-23 after August 15, 2022, you be automatically enrolled in and insured under the Siena CDPHP plan beginning August 15. You will remain enrolled in the Siena plan until your student health insurance on-line waiver is processed, your student account credited and CDPHP notified. As long as the waiver is completed by September 20, 2022 for fall 2022, your enrollment will be retroactively voided by CDPHP, their records will be updated and you will appear as never having been insured by CDPHP.
What to do if your insurance company denies a claim:
- Contact your insurance company and ask them to re-confirm your enrollment in the CDPHP plan. Explain that you waived the plan and your temporary enrollment should have been voided by CDPHP. Some companies only check rarely and don't update their COB information until prompted. If they still deny your claim,
- Contact Jeanne Obermayer, Student Life Compliance Officer, email@example.com, SSU 302 or (518) 783-2421. Ms. Obermayer will provide you with a letter documenting the voiding or termination of your coverage for you to provide to your insurance company.
Who can I contact if I have questions about my enrollment?
Please email questions to Jeanne Martin Obermayer, Student Life Compliance Officer at Siena College at .firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can I contact if I have questions about my health insurance benefits OR CLAIM?
Please contact CDPHP member services at (518) 641-3140 or 1-877-269-2134, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.