Skip to Main Content
- The Honors Director will teach two courses per semester, typically in the Honors Program.
- The Honors Director is a half-time administrative position.
- The Director will be a full-time, tenured member of the faculty.
- The Director will be elected by the faculty for a three-year term, renewable once.
- The Honors Director may be removed by a 2/3 vote of the Board of Instruction, following a full review.
- The Honors Director reports directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, for administrative and budgetary functions
- Conduct Budget preparation, implementation and supervision
- Conduct short-term and long-range planning for the Honors Program
- Annual assessments and annual plan submission
- Coordinate / prepare Honors Program documents regarding course listings, program description, admissions, etc.
- Maintain student database
- Chair the Honors Program Committee
- Submit grant requests, as required
- Provide staff supervision / coordination, as required
- Present Honors Committee reports and concerns to the Board of Instruction
- Recruit and mentor faculty participating in the program
- Arrange for priority registration for Honors students in Honors courses
- Coordinate Study Abroad options for Honors students with Director, International Study Program
- Coordinate curriculum design for colloquia
- Organize, schedule and implement Honors colloquia
- Solicit new Honors courses
- Orient Honors faculty
- Coordinate Honors theses and independent projects
- Establish / monitor teaching / learning requirements for the program, including Assurance of Learning assessment and reporting
- Coordinate with Deans to evaluate transfer-credit Honor courses
Recruitment / Retention of Honors Program Students
- Develop promotional materials (i.e., brochures, course descriptions, etc.)
- Design and distribute Letter of Invitation to all Presidential Scholar applicants
- Coordinate recruiting sessions and interviews at designated Admissions on and off campus events.
- Conduct review and recruitment of current Siena College students who may be qualified for invitation to the Honors Program
- Select students for the Honors Program, in collaboration with the Honors Committee
- Provide overall assistance / mentoring to Honors Program students regarding Honors Program requirements, in coordination with students’ academic advisors
- Recognize the achievements of Honors Program participants and graduates