All prospective May graduates must apply to graduate through Banner Self-Service no later than Friday, February 11, 2022. Only students who have completed the application are eligible to participate in Senior Days and Commencement events.
Please follow the following steps to apply:
- Log into Banner Self-Service.
- Click on Student Services, Student Records, Apply to Graduate.
- Select the most recent term and submit.
- Select one curriculum for this degree application - (even if you have more than one major).
- If you are applying for double degrees, (BA and BS for example, see section on Double Degrees below), you will complete a separate application for each one. Continue.
- Select a graduation date and Continue.
- Select the name you would like for your diploma and Continue (you may edit the name on the next screen).
- Select or edit a mailing address for your diploma and Continue.
- Verify all information and "Submit Request."
If you have problems with the degree application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Siena Hall 102.
The application will trigger a Final Degree clearance audit and students will be notified of the results of the audit.
Note: If you make any changes to your curriculum,(i.e. add/drop major, minor, etc.), after submitting your degree application, please contact Associate Registrar Liz Conroy (email@example.com).
Please contact the Registrar's Office with any concerns or problems that you incur.
Simultaneous Awarding of Degrees
A second Bachelor's degree may be earned when a student completes major programs that are in essentially different areas of study in two different degrees, e.g. BA and BS. To be eligible, the student must complete at least 30 additional credit hours and fulfill all the requirements for both major programs, required auxiliary courses in both majors, and College core requirements. Students must also submit the "Double Degree Request Form" with signatures of the appropriate deans and Vice President for Academic Affairs to the Registrar's Office. This form is available in the Registrar's Office (SH 102) and Academic Affairs (Siena Hall 202).
Eligible Student LISTING
You may verify receipt of your degree application at the Registrar's Office, Siena Hall 102. The Associate Registrar will contact you if there are any issues with your status. Additionally, please notify the Registrar's Office of any discrepancies you are aware of in your CAPP Report.
Prospective graduates who are registered for courses at another institution during the Spring Semester are reminded that an official copy of the transcript from the host institution must be received by the Registrar's Office before they will be certified as having met all degree requirements. To be considered a "May 2022" graduate, these courses must be completed by May 15, 2022 and transcripts must arrive in the Registrar's Office by May 27, 2022. Students, who are completing their degree, either partially or completely, on the basis of transfer credits taken during the 2022 Spring Semester at another institution, must also arrange to have official transcripts received by the Registrar's Office by May 27, 2022. Necessary arrangements should be made with the other institution; however, notify the Registrar at Siena immediately if there are any anticipated difficulties in meeting this deadline. It is your responsibility to check with the Registrar's Office to see if your transcripts have been received.
Official transcripts for courses taken at other colleges during the Summer and Fall of 2021, the January 2022 intersession, or for other previous semesters (including high school) are due in the Registrar's Office by March 4, 2022. These transcripts are essential to update records and give final clearance for graduation.
Commencement Ceremony Requirements
To be eligible to attend the Commencement Ceremony you must:
- Complete the Degree Application on Banner Self-Service by February 11, 2022 or have completed all degree requirements (and a Degree Application) in the previous summer or fall term.
- Be registered for courses necessary to complete ALL degree requirements in the spring term, including approved spring transfer credit courses for which you are registered, that will be completed by May 15, 2022 and official transcript received by the Registrar's Office by May 27, 2022.
- If you are a senior who will not complete all degree requirements prior to Commencement, but you wish to participate in this year's Commencement ceremony with your class, you may choose to do so by completing a Commencement Participation Application by Feb. 11, 2022, and indicating your desire to "participate" as a non-graduate.
Your name will be listed in the Commencement Program with a notation that you are "participating with his/her class," and you will be assessed the Graduation Fee for 2022. You also will need to complete a Degree Application when all of your degree requirements have been met to receive your diploma.
Commencement is a ceremony. Graduation signifies the official completion of all degree requirements. They are NOT the same thing. Attending commencement does not mean that you have graduated.
To be considered a May gRADUATE YOU MUST:
- Complete a Degree Application on Banner Self-Service by February 11, 2022.
- *Successfully complete ALL course requirements for your degree program PRIOR to the Commencement Ceremony (including the receipt of final transcripts for courses approved for transfer credit in the spring).
*This is a NYS Education Department regulation.
If you are eligible to attend Commencement, but will NOT meet ALL course requirements PRIOR to the May ceremony (including Spring Faculty Lead Travel Courses), but wish to be considered for an AUGUST 31 graduation date, you must:
- Complete a Degree Application by the end of the first week in June.
Once all requirements are met with final grades and /or transcripts for transfer credit purposes processed, the Registrar's Office will provide an official statement upon request indicating that all degree requirements have been met (for job or graduate school purposes) and that the diploma will be awarded as of August 31.
All eligible students are encouraged to participate in commencement activities. Those who will be unable to do so should notify the Office of academic Affairs in writing or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15.
Graduation and Diploma Fee
All students eligible to participate in the May 2022 Commencement Ceremony (including August 2021 and January 2022 graduates) will be billed $175.00 Graduation and Diploma Fee, regardless of their participation in Commencement events.