GENERAL GUIDELINES AND DEPARTMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Effective February 10, New York Governor Kathy Hochul lifted the statewide mask-or-vaccine requirement that took effect on December 10. Now that the mandate has been repealed, the College may return to its visitor policy established last fall. Unvaccinated visitors must be masked indoors and held to account by a College official at all times.
All campus visitors must be registered in advance via the Visitor Registration Form (guests of faculty, staff and administrators) or the Parent/Guardian/Guest Visit Request Form (guests of students). In order to limit campus density and possible exposure, visitors (including alumni, community members, vendors, siblings and extended family members, friends, etc.) will be restricted from utilizing campus spaces when students, faculty, and staff are present unless they are guests who have been registered to be on campus through the College’s Visitor Registration process.
Visitors are expected to abide by all College health and safety protocols and anyone hosting a visitor is responsible for making sure the visitors do comply.
VISITORS TO OFFICES/DEPARTMENTS
The following is a list of required and recommended guidelines that are the responsibility of the host department/student:
- Must communicate to visitors and guests that they must wear a mask if they do not have proof of vaccination while on campus.
- Must utilize a registration process and must be submitted in advance of the visit. Daily list of registered guests is sent to public safety.
- Must communicate to registered visitors in advance of the event the college’s policies and procedures regarding safe participation in a Siena community event.
- Must require any individual who screens positive for COVID-19 exposure or symptoms to depart campus immediately. Host office must immediately notify Siena College Ops Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) about the case. If notified later that any visitor has tested positive for COVID-19 after being on campus within the last five days, hosting offices must notify email@example.com.
- All visitors to campus must arrive via the main gate on Route 9 and check in at the Welcome Booth unless directed elsewhere by the hosting department.
- Must collect a list of all who attended the event and keep that list on file for a period of two months.
- Ensure that arrangements for sanitization need to be made with Facilities Management and depending on the scope of the event, specific arrangements for covering the costs of the sanitization may need to be made.
- Unregistered visitors - such individuals coming to campus for business reasons - are the responsibility of the department that they are visiting. The department should ensure that proof of vaccination is provided or require the visitor to wear a mask at all times while on campus, except while eating/or drinking. All unregistered visitors must come through the main entrance or report to public safety.
VISITORS OF STUDENTS
Students may request authorized access for up to two vaccinated visitors per day by completing the Parent/Guardian/Visitor Visit Request Form. Request forms must be submitted at least 72 hours in advance of the requested visit. All parents/guardians/visitors are required to depart campus by 9:00 p.m. Students may not host any visitors overnight.
Parents/guardians/visitors of students will be permitted to visit campus so long as they are registered by their student 72 hours in advance, provide proof of vaccination, satisfy all college visit guidelines and while on campus adhere to campus COVID-19 policies and procedures. Proof of vaccination must be uploaded prior to the arrival on campus and all guests should have a proof with them while on campus. All visitors are required to show proof of vaccination if asked by a College official.
Requests are reviewed/approved by the Student Life Compliance Officer once proof of vaccination is uploaded. If approved, the parent/guardian/visitor and student will both receive confirmation emails. All student-hosted visitors to campus must arrive via the main gate on Route 9 and check in at the Welcome Booth.
All spectators planning to attend games on the Siena College campus must be vaccinated (unvaccinated children 4 and under must be masked at all times), and are required to complete the Siena Athletics Spectator Screening From prior to arrival on campus.