Now is the time to schedule your pre-departure COVID-19 test. You have several options including on-campus and off-campus testing.
The College will offer two on-campus testing opportunities before students depart for Thanksgiving: Monday, November 9 and Monday, November 16. Regularly scheduled surveillance testing will be conducted on November 9 as well.
- Students traveling internationally or to a state listed on the NY Travel Advisory (any non-contiguous state) have the opportunity to be tested on Monday, November 9.
- Students traveling to Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, or elsewhere in New York will be offered the opportunity to test on Monday, November 16.
More information about the November 9 test will be emailed shortly to those students with priority, as noted above. Information on how to secure a test on November 16 will be emailed early next week. Students who do not have priority for November 9 testing may add their name to the waitlist HERE. Available spots will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.
The test is free, however students who register, but fail to show will incur a $100 fine charged to their student account.
All students will be excused from class for testing, which should take no more than 30 minutes from check-in to completion.
If you are unable to take advantage of the on-campus opportunities, there are two other free options:
- NY State DOH Testing Site at SUNY Albany: This is a free testing site for anyone who wishes to be tested in New York. Call the NYS COVID-19 hotline for instructions on how to sign up for the test or visit the website: 888-364-3065; https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-testing
- Walgreens at 41 Holland Avenue, Albany: This is a federally funded site specifically for students. This is also a free service. When you make an appointment, you will be screened for one of two COVID-19 tests. The tests will use a self-collection model; individuals will stay in their cars and will be assisted by pharmacists when necessary. Call to schedule an appointment or visit the website: 518-426-2976; https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing/consent
No transportation? No problem. Simply call Public Safety at 518-783-2376 as soon as your appointment is made to schedule a Medicab, which will drive you to either site and return you to campus. The fee for Medicab transportation (listed for roundtrip service, below) can be reimbursed via the CARES Act. If you wish to be reimbursed, please obtain a receipt from Medicab and contact Mary Lawyer, Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, via email email@example.com.
- A-Plus Medicab: UAlbany Site - 6 a.m.-6 p.m.: $65.56; Walgreens - 6:00 a.m.-6p.m.: $56.50
- 518 Shred (Monday - Friday only): UAlbanySite - 6:00 a.m.-6 p.m.: $65; Walgreens - 6:00 a.m.-6 p.m.: $50
For the safety of your family and added peace of mind, we hope you will take advantage of these free testing opportunities.
Remember, once you test, you must limit your contact with others as much as possible, avoid all large gatherings, wear your mask, and wash your hands frequently. If not, you risk exposure which diminishes the significance of a negative test result.
PLEASE NOTE: If a student chooses to be tested, we ask that they submit their test results to Siena Health Services. Also, please list the address on the screening as Siena College. This will assist in the Medicab cost reimbursement and allow for the Department of Health to contact students and Siena College Health Services in the case of a positive result.