The safety of our students has been and always will be our #1 priority. Things are different this semester, there is no doubt about that. Nevertheless, the entire community is making every accommodation to ensure Siena continues to provide the Education for a Lifetime.
Effective Saturday, October 18, please observe the following changes to campus operations and protocols to maximize our protection:
- COVID-19 surveillance testing will be doubled to twice weekly. We need all community members selected for testing to show up at the designated time and place.
- Dining services will be limited to takeout and socially distanced outdoor seating only; there will be no indoor seating. Please see Dining for more information.
- Clubs will be permitted to resume activities, but all meetings must be pre-approved by the Director of Student Activities and Leadership Development and include a risk management plan to ensure pledge compliance
- Gatherings greater than 20 people will be prohibited, with exceptions only for approved academic events such as class, and religious functions.
- Only officially sponsored guests will be permitted on campus and they must be accompanied at all times to ensure compliance with the stipulations in our pledge
- Students will be restricted to activities within their specific residence halls – visitation between residence halls will not be allowed.
- Residential students should leave campus ONLY for essential reasons such as food shopping or a doctor or dentist appointment.
- Commuter students will be restricted from visiting residence hall areas.
These changes are proactive measures made in consultation with the Albany County Department of Health. Now, more than ever, we need each community member to follow masking protocols, physical distancing and good hygiene practices. We will get through this semester together.
Our Marching Forward website outlines many of the changes that are now part of campus life. Information will be added and updated as the pandemic evolves and new guidance is received. Click here to view the College's complete Reopening Plan. More information on COVID-19 can be found at cdc.gov/coronavirus.
Student APP: All students should have downloaded Siena’s COVID-19 daily health screening app (Campus Clear).
Students are required to complete the app each day before coming to campus or leaving their residence and must abide by the directions on the screen.
Face Coverings: Acceptable facial coverings for the nose and mouth are required to be worn by all community members (more details).
Visitors: Only officially sponsored guests will be permitted on campus and they must be accompanied at all times to ensure compliance with the stipulations in our pledge. (more details).
Leaving Campus: Students may leave campus only for essential business. They are expected to abide by CDC guidelines while off campus.
Last Day of Classes: The last day of classes will be November 19.
Finals: Finals will be held November 21-25.
Seniors and Graduates — November 3-4
Juniors — November 9-10
Sophomores — November 12-13
Freshman — November 16
Winter Sessions: Experience winter at Siena like never before with our four-week, six-week, and eight-week Winter Sessions. Sign up today!