Lesson plans vary from school district to school district. There are key elements that should always be included in the plan so that anyone can read the plan and get a full understanding of its purpose and direction. These elements must be included in your edTPA lesson plan submissions as well.
- State-adopted student academic content standards and/or Common Core State Standards that are the target of student learning (Please list the number and text of the standard. If only a portion of a standard is being addressed, then only list the relevant part[s]).
- Learning objectives associated with the content standards.
- Informal and formal assessments used to monitor student learning, including type(s) of assessment and what is being assessed.
- Instructional strategies and learning tasks (including what you and the students will be doing) that support diverse student needs.
- Instructional resources and materials used to engage students in learning.
Also be sure to include:
- Accommodations for students with special needs
- Differentiation strategies
- Language supports for ENL students
- Students' prior academic knowledge
- Your knowledge of your students' personal and cultural assets