First-Year and Transfer Students
Siena College offers merit-based scholarships for both First-year and Transfer students. Siena College also accepts the CSS financial aid form to see if students qualify for additional Siena grants. Please fill out the CSS form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Complete an Online Application
Transfer Students (if you have previously attended a college/university)- Register and complete the Siena College Transfer Application
|Fall Semester||November 15- Priority Consideration|
|Fall Semester||February 15- Regular Admission|
|Spring Semester||November 1|
Any applications submitted after their deadline will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
2. Submit Official Transcripts
Send all transcripts and school results from each secondary school and post-secondary school that you have attended. For more information on AP and IB credits, please click here.
- Transcripts must be official, containing the seal of the school
- Transcripts should be sent by a counselor, teacher, principal, head master, etc. in order to be considered official
- If not already in English, transcripts need to be translated into English. Many students utilize World Education Services for translating transcripts.
3. Submit an Essay
Submit a personal essay of 1-2 pages describing your interest in Siena College and your goals for studying in the United States.
4. Submit one Letter of Recommendation
A letter of recommendation is required from a teacher, advisor, headmaster, or guidance counselor associated with your school who knows you personally and can comment on your academic and extracurricular activities. This letter must be signed and written in English.
For Transfer students, please submit the Transfer Recommendation Form. Please have a counselor, teacher, headmaster, etc. fill out and submit the form.
5. Standardized Tests
- The SAT and ACT are optional. Click here for more information on our test optional policy.
Non-Native English Speakers:
- Non-native English speakers are required to submit an English proficiency score from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)*
- Siena College requires a TOEFL score of 65 or better or an IELTS score of 5.5 or better.**
If you do not meet the above criteria but meet our academic requirements, you can receive a conditional letter of admission and attend one of our approved partner programs. Upon successful completion of the program, you will then be fully admitted to Siena College. Please email us at email@example.com for more information about our partner programs and conditional admission.
*If you have attended a secondary school where the language of instruction is English, you may not be required to take an exam of English proficiency.
**Students with a TOEFL between 65 and 78 or IELTS between 5.5 and 6.0 will take an English-language assessment upon arrival and may be placed in one or more credit-bearing ESOL courses.
Visiting, Exchange and Dual-Degree Students
Visiting and Exchange Students
Siena College encourages students from our distinguished partners to enroll as Visiting/Exchange Students. Qualified students spend one or two semesters at Siena while earning credits toward a degree at their home institution. Please see below for application requirements.
The following is a list of our international partners who may send students to study as exchange or visiting students at Siena College:
Radboud University, Netherlands
Universidad Franciscana, Mexico
Universidade São Francisco, Brazil
San Buenaventura, Colombia
The following is a list of our international university partners who will be able to earn a Dual-Degree at Siena College:
Universidade São Francisco, Brazil
To be considered for admission to Siena College as a Visiting, Exchange or Dual-Degree Student, please submit the following materials:
Complete and submit the Siena International Exchange Application
2. Recommendation Letter
Recommendation for Siena International Exchange - This letter may be written in English, Spanish, Portuguese or French.
3. Official Transcripts
- Visiting/Exchange: Visiting/Exchange students may submit a scan or copy of their orginal transcript.
- Dual-Degree: Dual-degree students must submit an official transcript, containing the seal of the school. If not already in English, many students utilize World Education Services for translating their transcript.
4. Proof of English Proficiency
Students must submit a minimum TOEFL score of 79 or IELTS score of 6.5