Incoming International Students

Incoming International Students

Once you've been accepted to Siena College, it's important to begin preparing the necessary documents required for study in the United States. Carefully review the information below and contact us with any questions.


Submitting your Deposit

Congratulations again on your acceptance to Siena College! Ready to submit your deposit and secure your spot on our campus? Please click here to do so and to join us on our social media accounts!

Siena College has partnered with Flywire to make the billing and payment process easier for international students. Flywire allows you to pay in your home currency and offers excellent exchange rates, which usually saves you money as compared to traditional banks. With Flywire, you can also track your payment and will receive an e-mail confirmation when your payment is received by Siena College. To see Flywire, please visit:








Student Visa and Passport

Student Visa and Passport

Upon acceptance to Siena College, international students are required to obtain a student visa in order to study in the US. Here are some important and necessary application steps to follow when applying for your student visa. Please be sure to maintain copies of all of these important records.

Important Information

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has created an excellent guide for students planning to study in the United States. You should carefully review it here: Student Process Steps

Acceptance Letter

If you are accepted to study at Siena College, you will be issued an Acceptance Letter. You will need to present this to the Consulate in your home country when applying for your student visa. If you need another copy of your acceptance letter, please contact us at

Form I-20

Once you submit your deposit, you can apply for your Siena College Form I-20. Instrucitons on how to apply for your Siena College I-20 and your F-1 Visa are here.

SEVIS I-901 Payment

After receiving the Form I-20, you must make the one-time I-901 payment of $200.00. This fee needs to be paid before an interview at the Consulate can take place. Be sure to keep a receipt of your payment and bring it with you to the Consulate.

For more information on the I-901 payment, and to pay your fee, please click here: I-901 Tutorial

F-1 Student Visa

The F-1 Student Visa is needed for most international students looking to study at Siena College. You will need to submit the Form I-20 in order to obtain the F-1 Student Visa.

For a complete overview on how to apply for your Student Visa, please click here: Student Visa Overview


You will need a passport that is valid for at least 6 months beyond the end date of your intended stay in the U.S.

On Campus Housing

On Campus Housing

Upper Classmen Townhomes
Upper Classmen Townhomes

As a student at Siena College, you are part of a campus community. For more information about important housing dates, each residential hall, residential communities and more, please click here. Siena College has an on-campus residency policy, to get more information, please click here.

Health Forms and Insurance

Health Forms

All accepted students must comply with New York State Health Department regulations requiring a Health Record and an Immunization Form.

Full information on health requirements for incoming students can be found here: Health Requirements for Incoming Students

All health forms must completed and submitted in English to:

Health Services
Siena College
515 Loudon Road
Loudonville, NY 12211, USA

Forms can also be scanned and emailed to

Health Insurance

International Students are required to have an individual health insurance policy. You must show proof of insurance when you arrive on campus or you will be required to purchase a policy through Siena College. Visit the Student Health Insurance page for more information.

The College offers health insurance, dental coverage and a prescription plan. Even if you have coverage back home, these plans may be a good investment as exchange rates can put limitations on your home policy. Without U.S. health coverage, unexpected illnesses can result in costly medical bills.

Study in the States

Study in the States Initiative

The Department of Homeland Security provides students with a wealth of information including resources, blogs, news, a help center, and other important information designed to aid international students planning on studying in the United States. It is especially important to review the information related to maintaining your immigration status.