The mission of the Dake Fellowship Program is to provide skilled students with an extraordinary opportunity to apply their prior research experience, knowledge, and skills to address an existing community need. The program is appropriate for rising seniors with a demonstrated interest in scholarship, community development, and social justice. The Dake program does much/all that other undergraduate research programs do with many added benefits. As a Dake, you will have the opportunity to do academically rigorous research in the context of a community issue.
- See the immediate benefits of your research in a community organization
- Make a name for yourself in your field
- Publish a work in your academic discipline
- Gain recognition from faculty and peers
- Develop and refine professional skills and relationships
- Join a supportive community of like minded researchers